According to GameStop's return policy, any opened tablet can be exchanged for an identical one within 30 days of the original purchase.
    GS Website:
    "No refunds
    Identical exchange within 30 days of purchase"

Question:
    Does this mean I can exchange my Nexus 7 I bought on the 15th for the newer model if GameStop doesn't have any more of the older models?

Thanks,
    Shane,
    07-25-2013 12:04 AM
    Highly highly highly doubt it. They'd probably just order an older N7 from a different store for your exchange.
    07-25-2013 12:06 AM
    Well that sucks. How can I get the most money out of my current N7 tablet so I can upgrade?
    07-25-2013 12:12 AM
    Your current N7 (and mine) is still a fine piece of equipment. Didn't you know that the newer model was coming out very soon after you bought your current one? Anyway, if you must have the newer model, then see if you can sell the one you have right now. Since it's almost brand new, you should be able to get a decent price for it.

Now that I think about it, it's possible they might be willing to exchange your current model for the newer one as long as you pay the difference in price. Call them and ask.
    07-25-2013 12:18 AM
    Your current N7 (and mine) is still a fine piece of equipment. Didn't you know that the newer model was coming out very soon after you bought your current one? Anyway, if you must have the newer model, then see if you can sell the one you have right now. Since it's almost brand new, you should be able to get a decent price for it.

Now that I think about it, it's possible they might be willing to exchange your current model for the newer one as long as you pay the difference in price. Call them and ask.
    Well, this was my first Android device, and I did read the rumors, but just didn't expect a conference this fast. I was a die-hard Apple user, and am not used to these random events. For ex: The old Nexus 7 was announced at Google I/O in 2012, this year, it was not. I blame Apple for their events that show up like clockwork.

I'll deff ask them about exchanging and paying the difference. If they are willing, then I'll do it August 4th when I pick up my copy of Pikmin 3.

Thanks.
    07-25-2013 12:41 AM
    Called them and they won't allow me to exchange and pay the difference. During the convo, the store rep even said that devices returned "opened" HAVE to have a defect. What? That is NOWHERE on their website! Their website strictly states that opened devices are subject to an identical exchange within 30 days of purchase. To top it off, the rep said that if I wanted to trade it in I would get $11 - $50. Seriously? On a device that I paid $199 for?

Anyway, I have mine listed on eBay (Item # 161075606697)
    07-30-2013 03:36 AM
    Called them and they won't allow me to exchange and pay the difference. During the convo, the store rep even said that devices returned "opened" HAVE to have a defect. What? That is NOWHERE on their website! Their website strictly states that opened devices are subject to an identical exchange within 30 days of purchase.
    Why would you take one back to get another, identical tablet if there wasn't a defect?
    07-30-2013 11:47 AM
    Why would you take one back to get another, identical tablet if there wasn't a defect?
    Because GameStop's website doesn't say ANYTHING about tablets needing a defect?
    07-30-2013 01:03 PM
    Because GameStop's website doesn't say ANYTHING about tablets needing a defect?
    Actually it does.

Returns to GameStop.com | Help Center | GameStop

We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products.
    07-30-2013 01:16 PM