The worst tech headlines

hallda01

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I was reading through Google news this morning and ran across this gem of a headline:

"Apple KILLER de-cloaked? Google lovingly unboxes Nexus 7 Android 4.3 slablette"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/0...n_nexus_7_android_43_tablet_to_take_on_apple/

Its one of the worst tech headline I've read in a long time. Why couldn't they just say tablet? And we're they really hiding the Nexus 7? Tack on Apple killer so people click it and you have a dumb dumb dumb headline.

So what are some good ones you've read?

Posted via Android Central App

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's just British humor.

The register has a long tradition of toying with words and name, albeit a serious publication, they do it with a humorous twist. They have been known to call the I-phone "Jesus phone", Apple as the "fruity company", current Apple phones are being called "fruity phone", they call themselves "Vulture central", Microsoft is "The Vole".... Tablets are often referred to as fondleslabs.

When on is familiar with The Reg, nothing surprises. Have you ever read the BOFH ? It's hilarious. The Reg is great website, not all headlines can please everyone, but you have to give them credit for trying and being original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC