Hi,
    I've used the forums for some troubleshooting in the past, but this is my first time posting. I'm due for an upgrade on Verizon and am stuck between two phones and I would like some user opinions. I currently have a T-bolt that I have generally loved (I got it perhaps a month after it first came out). I almost always have a charger handy, so I've never needed an extra battery, and I don't take a lot of pictures/store a lot of video, so storage has never been a problem. When I asked the Verizon rep what the closest thing to an upgrade to the T-bolt was, he said the DNA. After reading some reviews, it seems to have been a much lauded phone from HTC. Searching for the best phones on Verizon also brought up the Galaxy S4. So those are the two I'm considering.

From what I can tell, the hardware specs are practically identical in terms of display and processing power. From what I mentioned above, the huge downsides of the DNA aren't as large a concern for me as they are to others. So, the question becomes, which has the better user experience? If the S4 isn't significantly better than the DNA, I will probably go for the DNA, because it's considerably cheaper at the moment ($50 compared to $200).
    07-27-2013 02:28 PM
    Just go for the DNA...the S4 to me really isn't my type so won't recommend it. Not a fun of samsung phones.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2013 02:30 PM
    I have the DNA, and if given the choice, I wouldn't take the s4. My reasoning behind this, though:

I don't use my phone for a lot, other than web surfing, watching movies, texting, email, etc. The normal use of a device, although in abundance. The s4 has too many flashy features for me, most of which would be disabled right off the back. I prefer the build of the dna to the build of the s4, and much prefer sense to touchwiz. That being said, if asked, I would agree that the s4 is superior in expandable memory and expandable power. If that is not of issue to you, then I believe that going in store and handling them both will be beneficial to you, since it will likely come down to aesthetics and power, both of which you can grasp a feel of hands on.

What little I can offer:
    I am a very heavy user, more so than average. I stay on my phone throughout the day, averaging about 5hrs of on screen time, and two or three hours of idle. I charge my phone once throughout the day, and it goes on the charger at night. For someone who can't stay near a charger and has as heavy usage as I, this probably isn't a very good device. The charge is quick, and on days that I AM out and about without a charger, I can get about 12 to 14 hrs on a charge with moderate use (about two to three hours on screen). I have well over 600 pictures and 100 songs on the device, and have 6gb of internal memory left. The dna is fast, and can handle almost everything that you throw at it. I can be uploading pictures to facebook, downloading updates to apps, and watching youtube videos in 1080p without lagging between the pages and apps, as long as my internet connection is up to par. The screen is fabulous, and the phone feels great in the hand. There was a SIM issue that was going rampant, but I haven't experienced it in months. My phone is unlocked, s-off, and rooted running a sense 5 Rom.
    07-27-2013 03:24 PM