So I'm getting ready for college this year and I need a good device for my classes. Would you recommend Android over a Windows tablet? What's the pros and cons? I really just wanted to end the issue with the Asus Transformer Trio, but there's no pricing or release date yet, and it might be uber expensive. If I did get an Android tablet for school it would be an Asus Transformer Infinity.
    07-28-2013 07:10 PM
    So I'm getting ready for college this year and I need a good device for my classes. Would you recommend Android over a Windows tablet? What's the pros and cons? I really just wanted to end the issue with the Asus Transformer Trio, but there's no pricing or release date yet, and it might be uber expensive. If I did get an Android tablet for school it would be an Asus Transformer Infinity.
    I have been there and done that. I tried using the original Asus transformer with keyboard dock. I would say NO unless you already have a laptop or desktop. That being said the windows surface with touch or type cover seems like a win win. Or maybe the new dell tablet I see on TV that it windows 8

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-28-2013 07:14 PM
    I have been there and done that. I tried using the original Asus transformer with keyboard dock. I would say NO unless you already have a laptop or desktop. That being said the windows surface with touch or type cover seems like a win win. Or maybe the new dell tablet I see on TV that it windows 8

Okay, I was leaning towards windows anyway. I'm getting the Asus Transformer Trio if I can buy the tablet and keyboard separately which runs both Android and Windows 8. Otherwise I really wish I could get a Bay Trail (when it comes out...) Windows 8 PC/Tablet soon.
    Thanks.
    07-28-2013 07:25 PM
    Okay, I was leaning towards windows anyway. I'm getting the Asus Transformer Trio if I can buy the tablet and keyboard separately which runs both Android and Windows 8. Otherwise I really wish I could get a Bay Trail (when it comes out...) Windows 8 PC/Tablet soon.
    Thanks.
    No problem. I also recommend a smartphone for college if you don't have one already and can afford it. Its a great device to have

07-28-2013 07:28 PM
    Yep. I have an S3, soon to be a Lumia 920. It helped out a ton even with school last year.
    07-28-2013 07:37 PM
    Being honest, I used new Windows devices, and I don't think they are the best choice for study. Besides, Android offers much more great apps for study, while Windows is a newbie in this market.
    07-29-2013 08:38 AM
    Either way I'd wait to see how you think you'll actually use it before you buy one. Which one will work the best will probably depend on your habits, which you probably don't really know yet, and what your specific school, area of study and department require, which you also don't know. There may even be educational deals or discounts you won't know about until classes start. It's good to research now, but I'd hold off on buying anything until after classes start. There are just too many unknowns.
    07-29-2013 08:41 AM