Tablet vs PC

AndrewRC123

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious as to wether you think tablets are now good enough to replace PC?
For me personally, I don't seem to use my computer as much nowadays and I probably use my phone (Nexus 4) more and can almost comfortably use it with the small screen. So for me, I could probably use a tablet as a main computer, but what about you? What do you think?

SiempreTuna

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you use a PC for, I guess. I used to do quite a lot of programming and database stuff on mine and that would be a pain on a tablet. That's kind of unusual, of course and I'm sure that for the vast majority of people a tablet - maybe with a decent external keyboard - would be perfectly adequate. For non-work related things, my missus uses her iPad a whole lot more than her Air.

.. which I guess has been reflected in recent PC sales - or rather, the lack of them ;)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
As said, it really depends on what you use a PC for. For me, tablets seem to be great consumption devices and great terminals (RDP, VNC, LogMeIn, etc.). I can do some creation on them but the lack of a full-size keyboard leaves me a little wanting. It is nice to have such a portable platform from which I can do just about anything though.

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0

Attachments

• 1375179738236.jpg
    1375179738236.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 18

mark260311

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I never use my laptop or pc any more. I work on one all day and when I get home I try to switch off. My tablet is about relaxing. Music and movies or the odd game. I know my pc or laptop can do the same but it feels to much like work for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i like my new 13.3" Samsung Windows 8 Ultrabook over a Tablet because -

1. i need REAL MS Office - Excel and Word.
2. i like the "L" form factor of the Laptop. Display stands up on its own without the need for additional contraption.
3. Full Desktop OS and Full Apps and Full Browser w Extensions - Chrome, Mighty Text, Dropbox, etc.
4. Sets up /Manages WIFI Router, Printer, Other Peripherals, etc.
5. 13.3" Display. 13.3" is the SWEET SPOT IMO.
6. Full Hardware Keyboard and Touchpad.
7. Laptop is the "Central Hub" of my devices.
8. Ultrabook is Light/Slim enough.

i don't have a tablet - i can't justify buying one because i dont think id ever use it. i dont game nor do i watch movies on a tablet. and i prefer the Laptop form factor.

BTW - i just saw this -

TECH
Why College Kids Prefer PCs to Tablets
Sales of desktop and laptop computers may soon be overtaken by tablets, but there is one place the old workhorses haven?t fallen out of fashion: the college campus. Quentin Fottrell joins digits.

Video - Why College Kids Prefer PCs to Tablets - WSJ.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power