Hello all, I recently found this very interesting article ( http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...roperty-issues ). It is by an apple website so there are obvious biases but give it a read. Basically, it talks about how slowly, Google is pushing out Android. Recent events like changing the android markets name and pushing out chromecast with no android on it at all are some examples. Googles mistake was making Android open source. All these companies are making millions on androids software and Google barely gets any of it. Slowly Androids original leaders (Andy Rubin) are being demoted/pushed out. What do you guys make out of all this? Is the death of android coming and will Chrome be Googles next big thing? What are your opinions? Definitely give the article a read before hand.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-03-2013 02:27 PM
    from Dianne Hackborn:

https://plus.google.com/105051985738...ts/LnnmHRnZh79

AppleInsider's obsession with Android is... remarkable.

Normally I wouldn't post links to these kinds of articles and give them more traffic... but, dammit, AppleInsider gives me some good entertainment close to once a week. This is kind-if like linking to The Onion, really.
    08-03-2013 03:06 PM
    Hello all, I recently found this very interesting article ( Google appears ready to ditch Android over its intellectual property issues ). It is by an apple website so there are obvious biases but give it a read. Basically, it talks about how slowly, Google is pushing out Android. Recent events like changing the android markets name and pushing out chromecast with no android on it at all are some examples. Googles mistake was making Android open source. All these companies are making millions on androids software and Google barely gets any of it. Slowly Androids original leaders (Andy Rubin) are being demoted/pushed out. What do you guys make out of all this? Is the death of android coming and will Chrome be Googles next big thing? What are your opinions? Definitely give the article a read before hand.

Posted via Android Central App
    Not for the moment at least, but I wouldn't be surprised if Google decides to make Android more closed, keep it for itself, and start releasing its own high-end, high-margin phones to sell, just like what Apple is doing with their iphone. The straw that breaks the camel's back will likely be if Samsung ever decides to drop Android, and Firefox OS gaining traction / market share at the expense of low-end Android phones.
    08-03-2013 09:58 PM