Why we hate Apple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The majority of these defective iPhones are in China. The number one region for knockoffs.

And chargers. And oh, wouldn't you know, apple just instituted a trade in program to get those counterfeits off the market.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

stephanemark

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
A Chinese Dalian woman claims to have been injured by her iPhone 5 after talking on the device for 40 minutes in the morning.

iPhone 5 explodes in a women face, injures eyes | Information & Technology News, Analysis, Insights, Middle East

I think that this kind of accidents ares specific for smartphones that heat much more than simples phones

------------------------------------
galaxy sv galaxy note 3

Last edited:

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
For me it's them over pricing of most of there products. The iPhone 5 cost $100 more than my phone but yet my phone out performs it. I never own an own an iPhone because of that simple reason and the people on the AC forums were way more helpful than the people at Imore forums.

The funny thing is that all the kitchen and bar managers have iPhones and is kitchen supervisors rock androids and get into it all the time lol

Sent from my EVO 4g lte using AC Forums mobile app

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't hate Apple, I just prefer Android, just as I once chose BlackBerry. One of the things that I like about Android and BlackBerry is that I don't have to carry different chargers for the many devices we have floating around, even the last generation stuff. Everything we have shares the same mini USB design. Well, all except the iPods...

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Even though of the high res, in the mobile phone segment, i prefer android bigger screens and also i am more with whole google and android integration which gives a feeling of better control.... :)

Posted via Android Central App

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Apple really is just producing boring products. Along with their new ios7 its just boring. It's got nothing new that android can do. Blackberry's are I think simply out of the picture because they can't even stand a chance against iphones or android handsets. But seriously Apple has lost all its innovation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
For me it's them over pricing of most of there products. The iPhone 5 cost $100 more than my phone but yet my phone out performs it. I never own an own an iPhone because of that simple reason and the people on the AC forums were way more helpful than the people at Imore forums.

The funny thing is that all the kitchen and bar managers have iPhones and is kitchen supervisors rock androids and get into it all the time lol

Sent from my EVO 4g lte using AC Forums mobile app

Hah. Uhm. Sorry, but your phone does not outperform an iPhone 5. Very few handsets do. (The A6 is one of the fastest processors on the market) But its also difficult to compare performance when comparing two different OSes too, since they're both very different architecturally.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple really is just producing boring products. Along with their new ios7 its just boring. It's got nothing new that android can do. Blackberry's are I think simply out of the picture because they can't even stand a chance against iphones or android handsets. But seriously Apple has lost all its innovation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Android has too. All we're seeing now are refinements or logical conclusions of preexisting ideas.

torndownunit

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I switched to Android recently (S4) because I liked some of the hardware available, and I liked some of the things Android has to offer. But as a previous iPhone user of 3 years, I can't agree with some of the complaints about the iPhone I commonly see. It's a solid device with a solid iOS. If you choose to jailbreak it, which is such a simple process now (especially compared to rooting when I research rooting), you can really do whatever you want with the device as well.

It's great to have every feature under the sun built into Android, but there was also something nice about things 'just working' on the iPhone. I find myself having to fiddle with settings, but not by choice, on my device that I didn't have to with my iPhone. One small example, when travelling recently my girlfriend and I were in Newfoundland which has no Rogers phone service. The clock on her phone would still adjust for time zones automatically based on whatever method it uses. My clock would not, and adjusting it really wasn't very intuitive.. Small example, but these are the types of things I find myself fiddling with at times. The other thing is that after endless tweaking with my S4 to finally get the battery life decent (thanks to AC members), her iPhone still decimates my phone in the battery life department (it's had about 3 small tweaks to optimize battery life).

The iOS LOOKED boring I guess if you base that on it looking the same on the surface as it has for awhile. But they did make some nice improvements to it during the time I used the phone and generally the improvements were implemented very well (with the exception of Maps yikes).

I personally have come to think that none of these phones flat out destroys another right now. They all have their strong points. If I had the budget, I would probably own an Android and an iOS device right now ideally.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Time to make fun of Apple.:) Which means talking about the things its devices don't have.

I like apple. I've had iphone for 3 years now. This 4s is going on its second year. It has been a solid all around good phone.

It's one of those phones you never sell. You just pass it down. I'm giving this one to my wife. I also have a MacBook Air 11" that I love.

Problem with this phone is basically that it's just too small. Also there's a lack of options in the OS, especially things you need or would want.

For example. The iPhone camera just takes pictures. That's it. There is no option to change the resolution or aspect ratio. So, an iPhone 5 has a 16:9 screen but you're looking at 4:3 pictures with no way of changing that if you want.

Notification drop down menu is not very useful. Neither are the lock screen notifications. These things have been fixed in iOS 7. It is a much better OS, but I'm still looking at a tiny screen.

Even though I like the phone, nice and smooth and great keyboard; the problem is the screen is tiny, the battery life sucks and there's no change in sight. So, I'm switching to an Android. But not because I HATE the phone.

Jlav78

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's my reasons:

When my iPads charger is broke and my device is a month old the warranty has ended and I have to buy a new one for ?20. When my nexus 4's charger breaks (which hasn't happened) there are many chargers in the house that will work. And I can get an official one free since my warranty lasts a year. Customer service is horrible on apple, you have to give a word for each letter of your serial code, like the p is for phoebe h is for hoebe that phoebe done on friends but trickier since you can't do h is for hssgkllhdcvh (not my serial obviously).

If I want to browse the internet chrome is built in to my nexus , on iOS I have to download chrome or I'm stuck with safari, chrome isn't a small app.

I have better choice on android; it's easier to find what phone is perfect on price and features compared to the take it out leave it of iOS-I'll leave it and stick with my android.

If I want my favourite photo sphere or something crazy like grumpy cat I can use it as a live wallpaper. If I want to see the clock I can make it as big or small as I want our delete it and use a different widget; I can even fill the screen. On iOS I have to use a wallpaper that can't move.

On android I can have a big or small phone; I might mistake the new 'champagne' iPhone for weetabix.

If my friend who has a new android like I do wants that photo I took last night I can tap our phones together, with his iPod we have to go through long Bluetooth connections.

If I want to type there's a lot of keyboards to chose from and gesture typing is built in to 4.2. On iOS I have this boring grey box with letters that changes whatever I type into mistakes-it's called autocorrect.

If I'm making an app it takes a few hours to get my app on the store; on iOS it takes weeks, even months.

Google works better on android and nearly everyone with internet access used it so it's necessary for it to work well.

Posted via Android central app on my LG Google Nexus 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's my reasons:

When my iPads charger is broke and my device is a month old the warranty has ended and I have to buy a new one for ?20. When my nexus 4's charger breaks (which hasn't happened) there are many chargers in the house that will work. And I can get an official one free since my warranty lasts a year. Customer service is horrible on apple, you have to give a word for each letter of your serial code, like the p is for phoebe h is for hoebe that phoebe done on friends but trickier since you can't do h is for hssgkllhdcvh (not my serial obviously).

Uh, your charger is included as part of the one year standard warranty. (Or longer, depending where you live) All you have to do is schedule an appointment at the Genius bar and they'll give you a new one. (I know, because I've done it with a macbook charger, which is significantly more expensive at $80.)

I can't complain about apples customer service. No other company will do on site swaps of devices like they will, which is helpful if you have an iPhone and it stops working. (Or laptop, etc) I've also had two laptops with issues (one the graphics chip went bad, the other had a screw hole that was misdrilled) and they replaced them on the spot with brand new units, even though one was almost three years old.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My mom uses her office laptop to sync contacts and calender to her iphone. When she connects to the family media server, iPhone wants to "overwrite contents". Apple says you cannot connect to more than 1 PC, which is not only an ineffective way of controlling piracy, but a draconian policy in an era when we have 2-3 electronic devices per person per family. Who are they (Apple) to tell us how to use the devices we paid full money for? Their weekly wages comes from the cash we (consumers) pay. Its like Ford selling you a car & putting a condition "streets are fine, lanes & avenues are not".

No such problems with the Androids & Nokias in the family, who have far more features & bluetooth that actually works.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

This here isn't an issue of Apple and restrictions or trying to sync to 2 computers. This is not understanding how to use an Apple iPhone.
Contacts and calendar can be sync'd wirelessly via iCloud with no need to physically sync the device to the "work" computer. If she has an exchange acct at work, simply install the exchange acct into email and it will sync, mail, contacts, and calendar automatically. iPhone has a Native email client built into the OS (no outside 3rd party frankenstein add on).
If the calendar she uses at work is Gmail, that syncs to the Native calendar built into iOS.
Everything in the iCloud area can ALL sync wirelessly with zero need to hook to the work machine.
Then when she gets home, I still have NO idea why you need to physically sync to a computer at all since every app, song, video, movie, podcast, book and magazine purchased through apple is easily downloaded via the Purchased Tab on the App store, iTunes store, and iBooks.

If you "have to" sync because you are buying CD's and adding them to your iTunes library, simply Launch iTunes on your PC, go to Preferences, then Devices, and put a Check Mark in the box that says " Prevent all iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.
Next, hook her phone up and make sure you have the LATEST version of iTunes on your PC. when you hook her phone up, click on the device and tell it, do NOT sync, mail, contacts, calendar, ETC ETC ETC, but put a check mark that you DO want to sync music.

NOTE: she can NOT sync to TWO different computers if they don't have the same apple ID. You can have an iCloud ID that is different than your iTunes STORE ID.
A Family can share an Apple ID for "purchases" like apps and music. But, each member of the family NEEDS their OWN iCloud acct that is Different than the iTunes account.

The reason you can't sync to more than ONE Apple ID is because of pirating. If anyone could go to a friends house and simply hook up and grab their entire music library, and go to the next friends house and do the same thing, you would never need to buy music. You could just keep stealing it. Which btw is illegal for one, and stealing is just wrong no matter how you slice it.

Side note: I think apple finally quit supporting the 14+ year old OS Windows XP. Everything I described requires you have train-wreck Vista, or Windows 7, train-wreck 8

It just occurred to me after I wrote all that above, that I think some/ a lot of the hate on Apple is because people honestly don't really KNOW how to do things correctly or easily on an iPhone.
I remember my brother b*tching about "there is no PERIOD on the keyboard. I have to go into the other keyboard to get that"
I was like... um double tap the space bar..... I work at Apple, so I see it 50 times a day. People "don't understand the Cloud" .... :/
Apple ID? what's that?
If you can't treat your phone like a thumb drive, its too hard for the average person. I'm surprised those kinds of people even understand a thumb drive, but somehow they do.
I ask 50 people a day (that have phone problems) have you backed your phone up to iTunes or iCloud. 9 of 10 people have NO idea what the hell I am talking about,
8 of those 9 idiots "don't understand the cloud" really?
If you are going to buy a phone, no matter if its android or Apple or Windows etc, Research it, ask questions, LEARN about it. or go back to a flip phone.

Last edited:

guruachary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This here isn't an issue of Apple and restrictions or trying to sync to 2 computers. This is not understanding how to use an Apple iPhone.
Contacts and calendar can be sync'd wirelessly via iCloud with no need to physically sync the device to the "work" computer. If she has an exchange acct at work, simply install the exchange acct into email and it will sync, mail, contacts, and calendar automatically. iPhone has a Native email client built into the OS (no outside 3rd party frankenstein add on).
If the calendar she uses at work is Gmail, that syncs to the Native calendar built into iOS.
Everything in the iCloud area can ALL sync wirelessly with zero need to hook to the work machine.
Then when she gets home, I still have NO idea why you need to physically sync to a computer at all since every app, song, video, movie, podcast, book and magazine purchased through apple is easily downloaded via the Purchased Tab on the App store, iTunes store, and iBooks.

If you "have to" sync because you are buying CD's and adding them to your iTunes library, simply Launch iTunes on your PC, go to Preferences, then Devices, and put a Check Mark in the box that says " Prevent all iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.
Next, hook her phone up and make sure you have the LATEST version of iTunes on your PC. when you hook her phone up, click on the device and tell it, do NOT sync, mail, contacts, calendar, ETC ETC ETC, but put a check mark that you DO want to sync music.

NOTE: she can NOT sync to TWO different computers if they don't have the same apple ID. You can have an iCloud ID that is different than your iTunes STORE ID.
A Family can share an Apple ID for "purchases" like apps and music. But, each member of the family NEEDS their OWN iCloud acct that is Different than the iTunes account.

The reason you can't sync to more than ONE Apple ID is because of pirating. If anyone could go to a friends house and simply hook up and grab their entire music library, and go to the next friends house and do the same thing, you would never need to buy music. You could just keep stealing it. Which btw is illegal for one, and stealing is just wrong no matter how you slice it.

Side note: I think apple finally quit supporting the 14+ year old OS Windows XP. Everything I described requires you have train-wreck Vista, or Windows 7, train-wreck 8

It just occurred to me after I wrote all that above, that I think some/ a lot of the hate on Apple is because people honestly don't really KNOW how to do things correctly or easily on an iPhone.
I remember my brother b*tching about "there is no PERIOD on the keyboard. I have to go into the other keyboard to get that"
I was like... um double tap the space bar..... I work at Apple, so I see it 50 times a day. People "don't understand the Cloud" .... :/
Apple ID? what's that?
If you can't treat your phone like a thumb drive, its too hard for the average person. I'm surprised those kinds of people even understand a thumb drive, but somehow they do.
I ask 50 people a day (that have phone problems) have you backed your phone up to iTunes or iCloud. 9 of 10 people have NO idea what the hell I am talking about,
8 of those 9 idiots "don't understand the cloud" really?
If you are going to buy a phone, no matter if its android or Apple or Windows etc, Research it, ask questions, LEARN about it. or go back to a flip phone.

Hey mayconvert. Thank you for your elaborate reply. When a company is manufacturing a product, it should understand different type of people who consitute the market & design a phone that is user friendly to most. NOT expect millions to educate themselves about the product. If you expect a person who has upgraded from using a computer to iphone to DISCOVER double-tapping gives Period, then the product is flawed.

You are making the same mistake in your response.

Let me explain. Hundreds of users of smart phones are above the age group of 50, seriously. If you think that my grandfather or your grandfather is (I quote you) "*****" just because they don't understand the concept of "cloud" or "thumb drive" or "backup" then YOU ARE A VERY RUDE PERSON.

A good company and a good customer service rep (which I assume you are) are those who can accept the "diversity of understanding" of people & simplify their product or service in the simplest manner.

Again, you cannot go about educating millions of people about your product. What you can do is design your product around them.

Think about that. Cars, TVs, phones are all being called "smart" by offering more simplicity.

FOR THE RECORD: We use both Apple & Android and we decide which is a better phone based on the ease of use. Any guess who our vote goes to?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey mayconvert. Thank you for your elaborate reply. When a company is manufacturing a product, it should understand different type of people who consitute the market & design a phone that is user friendly to most. NOT expect millions to educate themselves about the product. If you expect a person who has upgraded from using a computer to iphone to DISCOVER double-tapping gives Period, then the product is flawed.

You are making the same mistake in your response.

Let me explain. Hundreds of users of smart phones are above the age group of 50, seriously. If you think that my grandfather or your grandfather is (I quote you) "*****" just because they don't understand the concept of "cloud" or "thumb drive" or "backup" then YOU ARE A VERY RUDE PERSON.

A good company and a good customer service rep (which I assume you are) are those who can accept the "diversity of understanding" of people & simplify their product or service in the simplest manner.

Again, you cannot go about educating millions of people about your product. What you can do is design your product around them.

Think about that. Cars, TVs, phones are all being called "smart" by offering more simplicity.

FOR THE RECORD: We use both Apple & Android and we decide which is a better phone based on the ease of use. Any guess who our vote goes to?

That kind of thinking got us windows mobile and blackberry os. Designing for the lowest common denominator is no longer a valid approach, unless you want mediocrity.

Also, he answered your question and solved your problem. The least you could do is say thanks.

guruachary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That kind of thinking got us windows mobile and blackberry os. Designing for the lowest common denominator is no longer a valid approach, unless you want mediocrity.

Also, he answered your question and solved your problem. The least you could do is say thanks.

I still believe that Technology is considered more advanced when it's made more easy to use. And in a intellectual minded forum like this, using words like "*****" is in no way appealing.
The solution he gave was already known to me, & already recommended by others. He had nothing new to say.
However, in the end, the issue remains same: Android offers more control over your phone in Easier steps than iphone.
If you check previous threads in this topic, I did thank a member for providing a useful web site. I don't need someone else to remind me when to thank people. Courtesy will be shown when courtesy is offered.

guruachary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

FYI, I did start my response thanking him for the effort to reply. (Gosh, what's it with people not reading first before responding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781