What should you buy????? Get help here

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I Ok consider myself pretty updated on these phones... Ive had plenty. Htc.. Moto.. Samsung.. Lg. And right now there are sooo many options its confusing.. The good news is Android has reached a stable point.. Meaning the phones i will discuss are surely going to be solid phones

Ask yourself whats important to u?

Battery life? Expandable memory? Timely updates? Build quality? Accessory availability? Screen Size? Screen resolution? Hackable phone? Camera quality?

Moto X- it will probably be the most solid mid range phone u will see... 1.5 - 2yr ago this phone would have been considered a super phone.. Minus the screen resolution compare it with the GNex and u will see.. I believe this phone will 'just work' I'm also expecting timely updates.. If you want a solid phone and u don't need Full HD.. A phone that feels great.. Some useful tricks but hold the gimmicks..i need a decent camera doesn't have to be the best. This maybe for U.
If u need the best screen, the flash glitts and glam in features .. And im not 100% sold on the battery life.. If u must have expandable memory... This is probably not a good buy

Lg G2 - Great screen, huge display, super fluid while browsing through the phone, latest and greatest processor, tons of user options on top of options on top of options.. Neat little tricks to show off.. A show stopper of phones.. People will say.. "What phone is that" u don't care about updates as soon as they come out as long as my phone works with stability.. Ur fine with using 'the cloud' or u just dont use tons of on board memory.. U love a heavy duty battery..i must have a good camera.. Then you are gonna love this phone!!!

U need external memory. Ur not into this whole new buttons on the back deal.. U dont know about Lg and their updates.. U hate touchwiz and anything that looks like it.. U need to know if the bootloader is unlockable before i buy... U like a phone thats easy to use with one hand.. U don't like plastic phones... U like as close to vanilla android as i can get.. This phone may not be for you.

Htc one- great screen, great large size screen that i should be able to handle fairly ok.. U love holding a phone that feels premium in build quality.. U love unibody phones and don't care much about removable battery and expandable memory.. U want a phone that has a little more features than vanilla not toooo far left of it however.. U need a great speaker... A snappy phone,Camera features are a must.. This may be your baby

Again u need removable battery and expandable memory.. Not a fan of htc sense.. Updates are a must and htc probably will get to it but we don't know when.. Its hard to go wrong with this phone but it just may not be for you..

Gs4- great screen, very manageable in the hand, you love touchwiz and all its sharable somewhat gimmicky option.. U need a removable battery and expandable memory.. Tons of camera options.. U need updates in a decent amount of time. U want to buy tons of cases from any store or website.. I don't mind not having the most snappy phone but i do want it to be fairly fluid.. I've always wanted a split screen option.. U need a fairly good battery... U don't like when i just bought a 'flagship' and a new one is out in in 5mo.. U like having a phone that has some kind of huge movement and community like the iphone.. But i hate iphones... This is the one

You hate touchwiz. You dont like a phone to feel tooo cheap and super plastic.. Led screen's whites look took yellow or blue.. U like a very natural looking screen not over saturated.. Then this doesn't sound like a fit for you

Note2 (not gonna go to far here) - very comparable to the gs4.. Super Larger screen not as high resolution works great.. Solid.. Solid phone.. May not be a phone for many due to the size.. Spen comes in handy... Idk if I'd buy this with the note3 around the corner... Now if you see a great deal and don't care about having the newest device.. And many of the things mentioned in the gs4 portion fit u.... Then hey go for it.. But again its predecessor is on the way

Galaxy note3- we don't know.. Owning a note2 i can tell u.. I'm expecting an even better battery and it's already great.. Larger screen but in a smaller frame with full 1080p . Some new gimmicks that i can't to see.. Some more hand gestures like on gs4 plus added spen functions...

I don't feel like its going to be too far off from the note 2 just as the gs3 wasn't with the gs4... I'm getting bored with touchwiz.. But if you're new to it u should be fine...

Pick the phone that fits u and ur needs.. You will hear tons of biased opinion including from me... But its important u know what u need and don't let anyone try to tell u different...

Me i need expandable memory but i may give th LG G2 a try because i have tons of cloud space... I just don't feel comfortable with it..(going cloud) . But i like the phone that much.. Its smaller than my note2 but bigger than the gs4 and htc one.. I've grown to like a larger screen .. I'm hoping Samsung changes my mind with the note 3 announcement on 9/4 but im not confident in that...

Good luck!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

tronandy_hi

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

I do have a question:

I currently am using an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, and looking to switch to a non-Samsung Android phone.

Are there any upcoming or current phones that can match the HTC One in night time camera photography AND "rich recording" video?

As far as I understood, HTC One is using the same chip as the Nokia Lumia 900 series for "rich recording." While the Lumia 1020 has "rich recording 2" feature.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

I do have a question:

I currently am using an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, and looking to switch to a non-Samsung Android phone.

Are there any upcoming or current phones that can match the HTC One in night time camera photography AND "rich recording" video?

As far as I understood, HTC One is using the same chip as the Nokia Lumia 900 series for "rich recording." While the Lumia 1020 has "rich recording 2" feature.

Strictly based off of reading and reviews... The LG G2... Is one im betting will be great based on it having OIS on a 13mp camera.. But I'd stand buy for further reviews on that... I'm not a Camera expert when it comes to phones like some

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

kitts21j

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
First off GREAT breakdown. This is kind of what I was hoping to find here when I first signed up a couple days ago. You had posted some good info in my post on this subject, so thanks for all the help.
Now another question, not so much what to buy, but when to buy? Should I go ahead and buy a phone now, knowing that just around the corner is coming the holiday season. Should I plunk down $150 for a S4, HTC One, or an I-phone5. Or do I wait and see what kind of discounts they are going to roll out come the holiday seasons.
I will say I watched some hands on reviews of the Moto X and it really has peaked my interest. It seems to be a good mix of I-phone size and S4 screen size(or close to it).
Do you have any kind of feeling on the discounts that we might see come the release of the G2, and MotoX. Do you feel that they will have a deep discount on the S4/ htc one?

Again thanks for the breakdown it is really helpful.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Great write-up!

One point that I would caution you with is your comment on timely update from Moto X. You have no facts to make that claim, and if your writing to help folks make a decision that will be very misleading.

Just because Google owns motto doesn't equate to a timely update us that where true the motto would have 4.3 not 4.2.2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz