Removable battery and sd card are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
With all the cell phones I have had over the many years. I NEVER needed another battery or SD card. I am a heavy user. Now a day your never to far from an outlet or if your at home your wall outlet.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I have 2 6500 mAh extended batteries for my Note 2. And two stock batteries. And 2 external chargers.

Every been through an extended power outage? There's that.

These arguments are ridiculous. I think people are bored, don't like removable batteries or SD cards? Don't get a phone that has them.

See how easy that was? ;)

Sent via Note II

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
With all the cell phones I have had over the many years. I NEVER needed another battery or SD card. I am a heavy user. Now a day your never to far from an outlet or if your at home your wall outlet.

Crazy, I usually have to replace my s4 battery once a day and use my iToy mophie daily:-(.

GS4/iPhone5

qxr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my phone because it had the options of the sd card and removable battery. Of course I have never met a hard drive I could not fill. I like my options and utilize them.
Lucky you if you have never been without power for hours at a time as I have been in Southern California or Florida.
The batteries and sd cards are not a waste just different choices.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Different strokes for different cults. I like having the option of changing my battery or expanding my storage. Options are good things to me.

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Must not get into the outdoors much based on your statement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Must not get into the outdoors much based on your statement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Everyone, including me, doesn't go camping in the wilderness. My idea of camping is a room at the Hilton. I'm definitely not THAT Survivor guy. Every man should know his limitations. "Room service, Hi. Can you check on the WiFi...it seems a bit slow...oh, and a chardonnay please...a Kendall Jackson Vintner's Reserve...." Now THAT is camping!

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well i was against removeable batteries, but it makes better sense now, for example Removeable batteries = exposed connections = easier water damage, where non-removeable batteries = covered connection = more protection from water damage. the whole removeable battery doesnt really bother me now.... but you'll never takeaway my SD! 32GBsd+9GBeMMC=41 GB on my evo & 64GBsd+26GBeMMC=88GB on my Infinity Pad... im happy as can be:cool:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well i was against removeable batteries, but it makes better sense now, for example Removeable batteries = exposed connections = easier water damage, where non-removeable batteries = covered connection = more protection from water damage. the whole removeable battery doesnt really bother me now.... but you'll never takeaway my SD! 32GBsd+9GBeMMC=41 GB on my evo & 64GBsd+26GBeMMC=88GB on my Infinity Pad... im happy as can be:cool:

Oh...you mean you saw this too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1dFUBCXlQc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I liked that.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I have 2 6500 mAh extended batteries for my Note 2. And two stock batteries. And 2 external chargers.

Every been through an extended power outage? There's that.

These arguments are ridiculous. I think people are bored, don't like removable batteries or SD cards? Don't get a phone that has them.

See how easy that was? ;)

Sent via Note II
Exactly, also like someone said on the first page about the 7500 mah battery on the S4. I use an S3 with a 7000 mah battery, I don't mind the thickness but it would be near impossible to kill it in one day and it usually lasts me around 3 days of moderate use. OP mentioned carrying a powerbank when you go out? Isn't that a pain? I don't like the idea of switching out batteries, but the extended battery is awesome. It also only costed me 30 dollars (they're about 40 now). Yes you can get those "charging cases" but not only are they twice the cost but they only double your capacity. Also, since they're always charging it's most likely degrading your battery so it won't even hold much of a charge after a short period of time.
As for the SD card, I like having an SD card for taking pictures and especially for recording videos. As you know, Android phones (possible other phones, I'm just not sure) record raw footage and so the memory for even a short video could be a few hundred mbs. I have recorded a 15 min video before and it took about 1 gb. With an SD card, I can record directly to the SD card. Yes, I know writing times will be a bit slower, but I can put in a 32 gb SD card and not have to worry about my memory running out because I like to record long videos. So...yeah just view on the topic.

Side note: I really am considering to buy the next nexus phone because of the price and specs and I do like having quick updates from google; however especially after reading this thread I feel like I should keep my S3 because of the battery.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

In my experience a phone will get water damage with a non sd card or with one. That doesn't matter.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Ray Strayer

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
This is just stupid. By not insisting on removable batteries you are helping the manufacturers push forced obsolescence. Batteries have a limited number of charge cycles period. Apple is a huge offender in this respect as well as for trying to eliminate the after market battery business for their phones, laptops and tablets. Likewise if your battery dies early and you need to replace it, removable battery means cheap and you do it. Non removable battery means they can either charge you up for a non user installable replacement, or sell you a new phone/tablet/laptop early. This is how Apple is able to sell the most expensive laptops around and then force everyone to buy an extended warranty(Apple Care), cause they glue the battery in, and they know the battery is going to go bad, so they include 1 replacement with Apple Care, if you keep your Mac Book Pro for years like I use to, it also means probably 1 $300 battery replacement, more if you refuse to pay for Apple Care. There is no reason except for greed for there not to be a user replaceable battery, the Korean LG G2 is one 1/4 MM thicker with a removable battery, vs international battery that is non removable. So thickness is not a real issue. Next for $13 you can buy a desktop battery charger and have one battery charging at home while your on the run. If your like me, you use your phone constantly and it is just plain not convenient to use it while it is plugged in. Next if it has a battery socket you can buy an extended battery like I do, yes it makes the phone a little thicker, but I have a 6400 mAh battery in my Note 3. It last 2.5 days on a charge, with Heavy use. No removable battery is another way to force consumers to upgrade their expensive smart phones on a more regular schedule, what are you going to do after a year when it won't hold a charge worth a crap, buy a new phone, I am not, I am going to spend $30 on a battery, and wait for my next upgrade........ And I won't even get started on how stupid it is to buy a phone without an SD card slot, I remember when they use to have to include these things just to sell products, people expected extra ports and expandability. I guess people are just getting stupid. Also everyone should tell these phone companies to jump in a lake over voiding the HARDWARE warranty on their phones because the customer wants ADMIN rights on their device they spent $600 on. (aka Root or Jail Break) But let me guess you don't do that either, you don't want to customize your device or remove bloatware, or run root apps to block ads, so therefore everyone else that wants it is dumb right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance