Android Device Manager 2 Stolen Tablets

henrystrawn

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey Forum,

Some poor excuse for a human being broke into our house and among other things stole both of my Android tablets. They are still registered to me, and they show up, but "location unknown" is all I get. Is there a good article on how this system works, most everything I have read is very general. I want to know if there is a way that I can prevent them from unregistering the tablets. I am going to continue to monitor these devices to see if they make the mistake of turning on google locations. Does Google allow me to report them stolen, with them? They were taken a few days before Android Device Manager was released. I have set my replacement devices up, and I will keep them set up with ADM.

I was just curious if anyone knew of a better resource that goes in depth about this service, so that I know the best way to keep them from defeating this security feature and to make sure if it happens again, I can locate my devices, and also maybe locate my stolen Nexus 7, and TF700T.

Thanks for you time Forum, I look forward to any responses.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Forum,

Some poor excuse for a human being broke into our house and among other things stole both of my Android tablets. They are still registered to me, and they show up, but "location unknown" is all I get. Is there a good article on how this system works, most everything I have read is very general. I want to know if there is a way that I can prevent them from unregistering the tablets. I am going to continue to monitor these devices to see if they make the mistake of turning on google locations. Does Google allow me to report them stolen, with them? They were taken a few days before Android Device Manager was released. I have set my replacement devices up, and I will keep them set up with ADM.

I was just curious if anyone knew of a better resource that goes in depth about this service, so that I know the best way to keep them from defeating this security feature and to make sure if it happens again, I can locate my devices, and also maybe locate my stolen Nexus 7, and TF700T.

Welcome to AC. Sorry about the loss of your devices. Unfortunately, the only things I can think of would require the devices in your possession in order to at least set up.

Hypeo

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC. Sorry about the loss of your devices. Unfortunately, the only things I can think of would require the devices in your possession in order to at least set up.

Seek DROID, or Plan B from the play store on the web

Hey Forum,

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams