Back to the Drawing Board...

Adriaus

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
/* Sorry if this is in the wrong place, first time posting and wasn't sure where to post it */

Hey Android Central,

I need your help in picking my next phone. I haven't been really keeping up with phones since around December 2011, the year I got my first and soon to be replaced smartphone: the HTC Rezound. While it has served me well over the past 2 years, it's been worn down by time and getting to the point where I'd need to replace it. I remember back in winter '11, picking my phone was simple and clear cut: the Rezound had distinct advantages and disadvantages over its competitors, namely the Motorola DROID Razr, Samsung Galaxy S2, and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. But now I'm faced with a new line of Smartphones that, to me anyway, blur these distinctions, making it very difficult for me to pick what I need. Well, back to the drawing board...

In any case, here's what I'm looking for in a phone (ordered by priority):

1. Price < $100 (I'll be purchasing through Amazon or any better (?) 3rd party vendor so more expensive phones should be cheaper around Winter when I buy)
  2. Display >= 342 ppi && Display >= 4.3"
  3. RAM >= 1 GB (Preferably 2)
  4. Processor >= 2 Cores (Preferably 4, but I realize this may not be feasible)
  5. LTE capable (Preferably on Verizon, my current carrier, but I'm willing to switch to ATT if need be)
  6. Preferably not a Samsung

I was looking around and these phones came to mind: Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid Mini (not yet released), Droid DNA (disappeared from Verizon), HTC One (Pricey). What would you guys recommend (not necessarily limited to the few I just listed)?

Thanks for your time,

Adriaus

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The One was just on sale on Amazon for less than $100 with two years of service. Keep an eye on Amazon and see if something interesting pops up.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Adriaus

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The One was just on sale on Amazon for less than $100 with two years of service. Keep an eye on Amazon and see if something interesting pops up.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Ok, and since I don't upgrade until around Black Friday, it would be safe to assume that most phones would go on sale (?)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, and since I don't upgrade until around Black Friday, it would be safe to assume that most phones would go on sale (?)
If you aren't planning on upgrading until then you can all but ignore all current cell phone prices. Make a list of your top phones and then see how much they cost then. My guess is that you'll have multiple devices that are out now that fit all that criteria by then.