Moto X or wait for Nexus 5

Adam janssen

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the Nexus 5 will come to Verizon? Or should I just get the Moto x? I want to wait but I have a cracked Htc 8x and I miss Android. I want more of the pure Android experience.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the Nexus 5 will come to Verizon? Or should I just get the Moto x? I want to wait but I have a cracked Htc 8x and I miss Android. I want more of the pure Android experience.

What's this Nexus "5" I keep hearing about?

Adam janssen

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Look up the Nexus 4. It is awesome, but it is only for AT&T and T-Mobile not Verizon. It is a phone made by google. It gets all of the latest software strait from google.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Look up the Nexus 4. It is awesome, but it is only for AT&T and T-Mobile not Verizon. It is a phone made by google. It gets all of the latest software strait from google.

I've heard of the Nexus 4. Did I miss a Nexus 5 announcement? Based on the number 5, I'm going to assume it has a 5" screen.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I would bet anything there will never be another Nexus device on Verizon. If you have to stay with Verizon I would go with the Moto X as it is very close to stock android. If you have the option to switch to a gsm provider, I would definitely wait for the N5.

Adam janssen

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I am stuck with Verizon I am on my parents plan and it is very cheap. Thank you for your thoughts. I think I will have to go with the Moto X because I have the same feeling that Verizon will not get another Nexus Device.

RunawayBeing

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you thought about switching to T-Mobile. I know it ain't very economical but I have the unlimited $70 plan and it works good for me.

Secondly, I love the customization aspect of the Moto X but it just isn't going to be able to compete with Nexus 5 in terms of specs or updates. I own a Nexus 4 and after this pure Google experience, I just don't think I'll be switching to a skinned one anytime soon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you thought about switching to T-Mobile. I know it ain't very economical but I have the unlimited $70 plan and it works good for me.

Secondly, I love the customization aspect of the Moto X but it just isn't going to be able to compete with Nexus 5 in terms of specs or updates. I own a Nexus 4 and after this pure Google experience, I just don't think I'll be switching to a skinned one anytime soon.

....and the "Nexus 5" specs are?

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you can wait then wait. Otherwise, get the current best device that fits your needs and be happy with it :). That's my Moto (no pun intended).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Like he said, I would wait if it's possible for you. we're only talking a matter of 2-3 months. It also depends on whether or not the Nexus experience is important to you. For me it's the most important 'spec' of all and I will never use a non-nexus device, for others it isn't important. bear in mind KLP will probably be out this Fall as well and should be a more significant upgrade than the incremental updates to JB.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

You could always get it, and then sell it when the Nexus comes out. It's got a $100 rebate/trade in of old motorolas which makes it $100 cheaper, and you wouldn't lose much when you sell it.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

No I don't think the Nexus 5 will come to Verizon. The Nexus line is starting to be GSM only, which both Verizon and Sprint are not. Verizon has also practically made it clear they dislike Nexus devices, mainly because Verizon loves locking down phones. If your choices are the Nexus and the Moto, get the Moto.