Your mobile as your ultimate, personal tricorder ? the future has arrived with the MotoX!

dirk_trossen

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In this blog, we discuss what the arrival of the MotoX and its approach to implementing features like always-on voice recognition might bring to areas like lifelogging. I'd love to hear what the Android community thinks of this!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To a degree, that is true of any mobile device, not just the X. There are metal detector apps, compass apps, etc. Still some things a Tricorder can do that a phone can't, but the gap is closing rapidly.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Trippy.

I really like hearing possibilities surrounding what the moto x has brought. (and i know technically it has always been able to be done by Android users, but not really *readily* available and as usable as it is (might be, don't have the phone yet) now.

dirk_trossen

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The main point of the MotoX though is that the many possible recordings could easily be done in a MotoX-way, i.e., having a low-power processor doing these recordings. Optimising these recordings at the application level (which lacks the control over pushing the tasks to a dedicated core) only brings you that far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781