I just think its hilarious how Tim Cook announced when he took over than Apple was going to double down on secrecy, yet all their devices since he took over have been the worst kept secrets in the history of apple.

But on the other hand, we have seen nothing really concrete about say, the Note 3. Possibly one of the most anticipated phones and nothing. Maybe a few blurry pictures here and there of a couple of phones that may or may not be.

Compared to the iPhone 5s and 5c which we have all seen in detail. Including the retail box.

Tim. Please. Leave. Go away.
    nyry likes this.
    08-26-2013 07:24 AM
    Most of that is "rah rah" talk. I never take anything a CEO says as concrete.
    nyry likes this.
    08-26-2013 08:58 AM
    I just think its hilarious how Tim Cook announced when he took over than Apple was going to double down on secrecy, yet all their devices since he took over have been the worst kept secrets in the history of apple.

But on the other hand, we have seen nothing really concrete about say, the Note 3. Possibly one of the most anticipated phones and nothing. Maybe a few blurry pictures here and there of a couple of phones that may or may not be.

Compared to the iPhone 5s and 5c which we have all seen in detail. Including the retail box.

Tim. Please. Leave. Go away.
    I mean I think to an extent it would be ridiculous for any CEO to garuntee more secrecy or complete secrecy about their products because there are so many points at which info could be leaked;
    -The underpaid manufacturers in china that OEM
    -Potentially disgruntled workers who leak info from the inside, like factory testers or line workers
    -The people or companies that get their hands on schematics of the device and will copy, clone or backwards engineer it and sell their own knockoff, possibly giving away what it might look like or have in store ahead if release
    -The fact all wireless devices have to go through the FCC and have to surrender more or less what is in the phone and thats public information
    -The all-famous "I left the prototype phone at a bar" scenario

and probably much more.

It seems ridiculous to promise something so abstract and ambiguous as "more security" When in reality, there are inherent flaws in the standard manufacturing and distribution process that cannot be overcome, and leaks will happen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-26-2013 03:54 PM