Android camera woes

avilledave

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know a more reasonable camera app for Android?
I'm a professional photographer and I use my Razr to take pictures sometimes, but it drives me crazy!
I have to remember to turn off the flash, since it doesn't remember the setting.
I have to click the screen to take a picture which is an awkward motion especially with one hand, and it causes the camera to move, often blurring the picture.
When I click the button, it often goes into what I call "Wait For Stupid Focus" mode, where it hunts back and forth and never really stops at the right place.
2-4 seconds later when it takes the picture, the subject is gone.
The pictures quality is excellent, if you can ever get it to quit screwing around and take the picture!

A friend recently showed me his new iphone.
Straight out of his pocket he can swipe the screen and get the camera app immediately, click off a perfect picture without any WFSF mode.
I've looked at a boatload of camera apps for Android and they seem to all be obsessed with post-processing, which I'm not interested in.
I just want to be able to take a picture quickly and immediately without all the BS.
Does anybody know of a camera app that behaves like a... camera?

avilledave

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link!
Much better camera app, thats for sure!
But I have to unlock my phone (I have a password on it),
select Gallery, select camera before I can take a picture.
The iphone takes 2 thumb-swipes to take a picture (you don't even have to unlock your phone).
It sure would be nice to at least have a "camera" app to get you straight to the camera!

Dominic Asamoah

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Sad you have to go through all those steps to launch a camera. I can launch the camera on my S3 from the lockscreen.I can also launch it by turning the screen facedown and shaking it.
Search the play store, you shall surely find an app to alleviate your worry.

Via Android

avilledave

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the new one will at least take a picture WHEN you tell it to, not hunt focus around for 3-4 seconds before it takes.
BUT it insists on making that shutter sound which I can NOT find a way to turn off!
At least the touchwiz will let me turn the sound off.
I take a lot of candid shots and I don't like reminding people I am taking their picture by that stupid noise.
Anybody know how to turn it off in the 4.3 camera?