What is your favorite keyboard and why?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
AOSP. I like the fact that the buttons are black. With an S3, I try to get as much of a black screen as I can. Saves battery use.

Sorry, I don't know the terminology very well. Aren't aosp and Google Keyboard the same? Correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know the terminology very well. Aren't aosp and Google Keyboard the same? Correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

In most cases they are. The keyboard that I have is labeled as such by SlimROM. I think that it is a themed version of Google Keyboard. However, I have two different apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to throw another wrench into the gears--I think (but am not sure until I get home to check) that my Acer A100 actually was able to update its stock keyboard using Google Keyboard.

Just checked my other devices, and can confirm that the Acer A100 and also the Asus TF300 come with Google Keyboard stock (i.e., you can update it through the Play Store).

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Swype and Swiftkey. Right now...Swype. Better prediction for me. Annoyed that there is no directional keys though on Swype, not even on the paid version. Boo.
Directional keys can be accessed by swiping from the Swype key to the number keyboard key next to it.

I'm using Swype, I much prefer it to the stock keyboard on the Nexus 7, but other than that I haven't really tried other keyboards. I did download Swiftkey when it was free on the Amazon app store recently, so I will give that a go soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Directional keys can be accessed by swiping from the Swype key to the number keyboard key next to it.

I'm using Swype, I much prefer it to the stock keyboard on the Nexus 7, but other than that I haven't really tried other keyboards. I did download Swiftkey when it was free on the Amazon app store recently, so I will give that a go soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks for that tip, I thought I had tried every combo I could think of. :)

Sent via Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz