What is your favorite keyboard and why?

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey. I like the flow, the prediction is excellent, and I often need to use special keys and it is easy faster for me to just long press on a key.

Posted via Android Central App

edistopre

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for SwiftKey. Didn't initially think I'd like the flow, but I'd hate to be without it now that I'm used to it. And the predictions are very good. I have to get better at watching for the predictions because often they appear by the second or third letter. I also like the numeric pad that is available with a shift to the number keyboard.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recenty tried Swiftkey and the official Google Keyboard, and I ultimately went back to my Razr Maxx's stock Swype keyboard (which is a little different from the paid version now available on Google Play). Swiftkey seems to respond a little faster, but I like Swype's ability to easily capitalize a letter while swyping without lifting my finger off the screen. Maybe Swiftkey has that function, but I couldn't figure it out--had to press shift first, then lift my finger from the screen, then swipe out the word. The Google Keyboard uses a lot of Swype technology, I think, but it's a little less versatile--the actual Swype keyboard has a lot of symbols and numbers available with a long press of the basic keyboard, while Google Keyboard requires you to toggle to a symbol keyboard. Both Swiftkey and Google Keyboard also use more RAM than stock Swype (I think it was something like 40-50 MB for Swiftkey vs 28 MB for Swype).

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Stock HTC. Because I'm too lazy to change around keyboards.

Sent from the Resistance Hidey Hole in the Taco Nation, while using Tapatalk 4 on an HTC One.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Swype and Swiftkey. Right now...Swype. Better prediction for me. Annoyed that there is no directional keys though on Swype, not even on the paid version. Boo.

Sent via Note II

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys, please remember to not confuse stock with Google Keyboard. If you use the one that came with your phone, say stock (including people with nexus 4's) . If you use Google Keyboard (you downloaded it from Google Play) then say Google Keyboard. Thanks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys, please remember to not confuse stock with Google Keyboard. If you use the one that came with your phone, say stock (including people with nexus 4's) . If you use Google Keyboard (you downloaded it from Google Play) then say Google Keyboard. Thanks :)

To add to the confusion, Google Keyboard comes stock on devices like the N7, and can be updated through Google Play.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Now after the update I like the stock keyboard just fine. Works nicely in all my desired languages on Nexus 4 &10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
To add to the confusion, Google Keyboard comes stock on devices like the N7, and can be updated through Google Play.

The let's say: if you have a non nexus device and you downloaded Google Keyboard onto it, then say you have Google Keyboard. If you have a nexus, and you use the one that came with your device, say stock. And for the other ones, you guys know what to do :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to throw another wrench into the gears--I think (but am not sure until I get home to check) that my Acer A100 actually was able to update its stock keyboard using Google Keyboard.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey.
Predictions, themes (pitch), simultaneous multiple languages, smart punctuation key, swipe to erase last word. All in one package. Fits my needs perfectly.

Sent from my 2012 EVO via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to throw another wrench into the gears--I think (but am not sure until I get home to check) that my Acer A100 actually was able to update its stock keyboard using Google Keyboard.

Oh geez. LOL. It is a non-nexus device so I would consider that Google Keyboard (if you actually did update it through Google Keyboard.)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The stock keyboard. It works well and if it ain't broke, don't fix it or replace it.

However, my personal fav that I highly recommend (especially for Samsung devices) is once again, SwiftKey. Predictions are accurate and helps you type a tad faster and makes typing on a mobile device more accurate.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using touch pal keyboard it's pretty good with different skins and such. It also gives me progress reports on my input speed for the week.

I've been meaning to try swift key but this keyboard satisfies me right now.

Posted by my HTC 4G LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol