Current Models with a MicroSD card slot

vgking96

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if someone might be able to compile a list of the current, high-end Android handsets that offer a Micro SD card slot.

I'm aware of the Galaxy line having one, my particular variant of the Optimus G does, and I don't know of many others.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While Geodude074 has a great link to use you are also on the right track. Samsung seems to be the only OEM who is supporting microSD anymore, the others simply are dropping it off but not expanding the internal storage options to alleviate it. So if you want microSD I suggest Samsung.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems the only way to get phones with a microsd card anymore is to go blackberry or Samsung or get older models from eBay of amazon from manufacturers.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm really appreciating Samsung devices lately and micro SD support is just one of the reasons. However, you can always get an OTG cable, card reader, and spend $4 on the Nexus Media Importer app if for some reason you want expandable storage but not Samsung.

Sent from my S4/Note 8.0/Nexus 7

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm really appreciating Samsung devices lately and micro SD support is just one of the reasons. However, you can always get an OTG cable, card reader, and spend $4 on the Nexus Media Importer app if for some reason you want expandable storage but not Samsung.

That is way too much extra work. You shouldn't have to compromise just because manufacturers go the no microsd card slot route. If android manufacturers continue this trend then I will go blackberry.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That is way too much extra work. You shouldn't have to compromise just because manufacturers go the no microsd card slot route. If android manufacturers continue this trend then I will go blackberry.

I agree it's quite cumbersome. I hope Samsung doesn't let me down anytime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I wouldnt go blackberry. I was but their smartphone market is on the verge of shutting down, that means no more support and a dead platform. If SD is a must get the S4.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry will be supported for years to come but hopefully android doesn't do away with micro SD cards slots.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry will be supported for years to come but hopefully android doesn't do away with micro SD cards slots.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

If you look around the crackberry section, it is blatant. They're even trying to sell the company by November. RIM might still have a foot in the software industry, but they're done in smartphones. Not enough people want a qwerty anymore, blackberry sales are trash, everyone seems to hate the company (media, phone shop staff, critics).

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt go blackberry. I was but their smartphone market is on the verge of shutting down, that means no more support and a dead platform. If SD is a must get the S4.

That's not even remotely true. There will definitely be support.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you look around the crackberry section, it is blatant. They're even trying to sell the company by November. RIM might still have a foot in the software industry, but they're done in smartphones. Not enough people want a qwerty anymore, blackberry sales are trash, everyone seems to hate the company (media, phone shop staff, critics).

Why can't no one be positive? Do you really want a company that employs thousands and is what many companies and people across the world to go out of business? Don't echo what critics and others say. Have your own opinion and think about it, seriously.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Why can't no one be positive? Do you really want a company that employs thousands and is what many companies and people across the world rely on to go out of business? Don't echo what critics and others say. Have your own opinion and think about it, seriously.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You mean, "Why can't anyone be positive? ...."

You understood what I was talking about, so my grammar shouldn't have been taken into account. Best to stay on topic.

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
That's not even remotely true. There will definitely be support.

Stop lying. If their company goes down then where are updates/support going to come from? Even everyone on crackberry knows this, people who bought the Q10 or Z10 are regretting it. I am glad I read this up because I was going to move from a 9790 to a Q10 until I found out the state they are in. Blackberry is done from the phone market, there's a chance they'll become a niche company but then they'll probably go back to OS7 style stuff.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Stop lying. If their company goes down then where are updates/support going to come from? Even everyone on crackberry knows this, people who bought the Q10 or Z10 are regretting it. I am glad I read this up because I was going to move from a 9790 to a Q10 until I found out the state they are in. Blackberry is done from the phone market, there's a chance they'll become a niche company but then they'll probably go back to OS7 style stuff.

It'll come from them. Blackberry if they are bought will still have to support their devices. There's millions of people with them. Does it really make sense that all of sudden they get bought any BlackBerry devices becomes a brick?

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It'll come from them. Blackberry if they are bought will still have to support their devices. There's millions of people with them. Does it really make sense that all of sudden they get bought any BlackBerry devices becomes a brick?

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. They don't have to do anything if they close their smartphone market or company as a whole and sell off the properties. The devices don't become bricks, but there's never any updates. OS7 email goes down, and no developers will consider going near it anymore.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. They don't have to do anything if they close their smartphone market or company as a whole and sell off the properties. The devices don't become bricks, but there's never any updates. OS7 email goes down, and no developers will consider going near it anymore.

You don't know what you are talking about. They can't close their whole smartphone market, of anything they will steadily lose market share until it is gone just like webos. And just like webos their devices still work after all these years even though webos went away years ago. As I said before, until everything is set in stone there is no reason to vindicate them, they are trying to stay in business and one of their options is to be bought and become a niche company. It still foes not make sense for them to not support their devices for the next couple years like a normal smartphone manufacturer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463