LG G2 or Note 3

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I currently have an original Verizon Samsung galaxy nexus that I got on the day it was released. The phone has served me well but as of a couple weeks ago I am able to upgrade. I am trying to decide between these two phones because I doubt the nexus 5 will be coming to Verizon and for many reasons I am staying with Verizon. I have big hands and like big phones so I am deciding between these two phones, which should I get? I am intrigued by all of the functionality of the SPen and the Note plus it is bigger but I am worried about the amoled screen of the note3. I checked out a GS4 at a Verizon store and I hated the screen. The colors looked so oversaturated that it looked cartoonish and I am afraid that the Note3 will look much the same. Even though I have an amoled screen on my galaxy nexus, it does not look like the GS4. The LG is due to come out 9/12 and will cost $199 on contract while the note is due out "by 10/10" and will be $299 on contract. So should I wait another month and pay $100 to get a bigger phone with more functionality and a screen that I might not like or get the LG G2 this week and save $100?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I currently have an original Verizon Samsung galaxy nexus that I got on the day it was released. The phone has served me well but as of a couple weeks ago I am able to upgrade. I am trying to decide between these two phones because I doubt the nexus 5 will be coming to Verizon and for many reasons I am staying with Verizon. I have big hands and like big phones so I am deciding between these two phones, which should I get? I am intrigued by all of the functionality of the SPen and the Note plus it is bigger but I am worried about the amoled screen of the note3. I checked out a GS4 at a Verizon store and I hated the screen. The colors looked so oversaturated that it looked cartoonish and I am afraid that the Note3 will look much the same. Even though I have an amoled screen on my galaxy nexus, it does not look like the GS4. The LG is due to come out 9/12 and will cost $199 on contract while the note is due out "by 10/10" and will be $299 on contract. So should I wait another month and pay $100 to get a bigger phone with more functionality and a screen that I might not like or get the LG G2 this week and save $100?

Chances are the Note 3 will look a lot like the S4. So, if you hate the overall look, that probably isn't the phone for you. The LG is intriguing, I personally am not too wild about the buttons on the back. Innovative, but not crazy about them. Other options may include the Moto X, or the HTC One.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Neither the HTC one or the Moto X are all that big. I want a bigger phone. I am fine with the overall look of the Note 3 (although I havent seen or felt the faux leather/texted plastic back yet) I am just concerned with the amoled screen on the note.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The s4 and presumably note 3 hd see different screen options (although only so much can be done), if you're not a fan of amoled, I'd wait Few extra weeks and see if an active version is released. I personally love amoled so the note 3 would be my obvious selection.

GS4/iPhone5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Neither the HTC one or the Moto X are all that big. I want a bigger phone. I am fine with the overall look of the Note 3 (although I havent seen or felt the faux leather/texted plastic back yet) I am just concerned with the amoled screen on the note.

I was referring to the screen. If you hated the way the icons and colors looked on the S4, the Note 3 is going to be the same.

Sent from a Slim S3

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Any device with an AMOLED screen that looks cartoonish is a result of the brightness being set too high. I keep mine set at around 20% and it looks beautiful.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The LG G2 has been the only device that has "Wow-ed" me in quite awhile. It has great specs!
Although the Note3 has all the features that customers like and always has. Samsung listens to the consumer and gives them what they want,
I pick the Note3 over the LG G2 just for the simple fact of the replaceable battery and SDcard slot. The S-pen is a bonus that I`ve gotten accustomed to as well.
If the LG G2 had these options it would be a tough choice! Not to mention the LG G2 does not ship with Android 4.3. The 4.3 update is a big update and a must have!
The better option is the Note3 !

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I chose to pre-order the GN3 and GG both in black. I did consider the G2, I had the Optimus G Pro on AT&T but changed out of it soon after. LG has made great strides in design and features but I think Samsung still has the crown. I prefer having microSD & a removable battery, some do not. I think the bigger screen is worth it and I missed not having the GN2 and am very happy with the design and new benefits of the GN3 is bringing along.

Just ask yourself if the few design elements I mentioned about Samsung matter to you (if not then you have your answer) and if you feel the S-Pen features are worth it, and I would encourage watching the 18 minute video Samsung has on YouTube it really sold me and I had already pre-ordered both of my devices.

Right now I am waiting for the GN10.1 2014 Edition to be available to complete my triple play.

topekomsi

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the gs3 which had amoled, then upgraded to note 2 and the screens were different. Note has wacom for s pen. I found note 2 looked better than even my gs4.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was referring to the screen. If you hated the way the icons and colors looked on the S4, the Note 3 is going to be the same.

Sent from a Slim S3

For some reason, very few people seem to know about the adjustments you can make in the display settings. Trying to recall from memory on my (AT&T) GN2, there is like a "vivid", then standard, natural, and movie settings. I found the "natural" setting to be much more toned down and...well, *natural* looking, less cartoonish. Really made the display pop without being oversaturated.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Chances are the Note 3 will look a lot like the S4. So, if you hate the overall look, that probably isn't the phone for you. The LG is intriguing, I personally am not too wild about the buttons on the back. Innovative, but not crazy about them. Other options may include the Moto X, or the HTC One.

Well the Note 3 was revealed this week, and it looks quite a bit different. Much more rectangular than the GN2 and GS4, and of course it has the faux-leather back. Personally, I think I would like that...reminds me of my old BlackBerry Bold 9000, but this will of course be very much a matter of personal taste.

Also, as I said in my previous post, the AT&T version (not sure about others) have a setting that lets you change the display mode to standard, natural, or movie mode. This gives it a significantly toned-down, less saturated display. Looks good.

And I'm currently using an HTC One, with my GN2 as my backup.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The AMOLED Screen on my Galaxy Nexus doesn't look anything like the oversatured/cartoonish screen I have seen on the GS4. I don't mind my AMOLED screen at all. Does anyone know if all note 2's (especially the Verizon one) have the ability to change the display mode or if the Note 3 will also have that feature?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My note 2 on Verizon has 4 screen settings...dynamic, standard, natural and movie. I have it on standard. Guess I prefer the cartoony look. Just changed to movie, maybe I need to try something more sophisticated.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome