BBM for Android and IOS :)

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it's cool but about 3 years too late. I'll still use it "just because", but I see no benefit over Skype, hangouts, Facebook messanger, what'sapp, aim, normal Facebook app, instagram, twitter, etc etc etc.

Now I suppose if a business could integrate it with old school blackberry security and other bes /express type functions it would be killer, but all I've seen leaked is ANOTHER data massaging service.

GS4/iPhone5

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it's cool but about 3 years too late. I'll still use it "just because", but I see no benefit over Skype, hangouts, Facebook messanger, what'sapp, aim, normal Facebook app, instagram, twitter, etc etc etc.

Now I suppose if a business could integrate it with old school blackberry security and other bes /express type functions it would be killer, but all I've seen leaked is ANOTHER data massaging service.

GS4/iPhone5

i know what you mean they should of done this along long time ago and the fuctions and update will becoming after its realeased with bbm channels

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I hope they release it soon. My first smartphone was a BlackBerry and BBM was the best feature. I then got an iPhone and started using WhatsApp ever since, now I have an HTC One and still use WhatsApp solely, but I prefer BBM a lot more. They can release the Android version anytime now since it's ready but they're waiting on Apple to approve the iOS version because I think they want a simultaneous release.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I hope they release it soon. My first smartphone was a BlackBerry and BBM was the best feature. I then got an iPhone and started using WhatsApp ever since, now I have an HTC One and still use WhatsApp solely, but I prefer BBM a lot more. They can release the Android version anytime now since it's ready but they're waiting on Apple to approve the iOS version because I think they want a simultaneous release.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Wooooooooo yeaaaahhh cmoooon BBM lets get rid of crappy whats app:D

Sent from my GT-I8190 using AC Forums mobile app

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Unless it integrates non data texting with data based texting into effortless conversations (without having to switch back and forth) just to chat with non BBM users on my contacts list - ill stick with iMessage. iMessage killed all other texting apps the day I figured out the difference between green and blue messages. LOL. Wish Apple let other platforms on the boat, but works either way - don't have to worry if the other party is on iPhone or android or BB.

Not hating, just stating my reasons why I'm not getting it. Hopefully I can find benefit in BBM one day.

EDIT: I found a sort of a benefit in this release (but not the kind that will make me switch): It is an important one, because it ties many platforms together under one App. Hopefully, it works flawlessly, and in effect, inspire many developers to build for cross platform connectivity, especially in games - would love to have Z2's "Nitro" to be cross platform so that some of my android friends get to enjoy some multiplayer racing with me. Other benefits - some own an Android phone but Apples iPad, wouldn't be wonderful if they can have apps sync between like google calendars or google notes. (Nevermind, iOS notes already sync with gmail). But you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Jron954

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp is really nice app, I never had bbm or blackberry but what'sapp has everything and it's fast. Gonna be hard to overtake it as my primary messenger

Posted via Android Central App

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
The recent updates, group chat, read, delivered msg, etc and if it has the same function like on the BB handset overall i think BBM is/will be better than any messaging apps on playstore.

But I will still need whatsapp/wechat to communicate with my friends/family on the symbian platform.

Hurry up BBRY what r u waiting for!

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just read on xda that Indonesian press got the invitation on "bbm for everyone"

It will be launched september 19. But some said the app availability could be few days delay on playstore.

Let's wait for more info...

Sent from my 5" rooted Android phone.

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't stand imessage. I hate that it was integrated and the service sucks from what I have experienced. Kik is so much faster and more reliable. If I could pry my friends away from kik and imessage I would use bbm in a second though. I agree it is 3 years too late though

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can't stand imessage. I hate that it was integrated and the service sucks from what I have experienced. Kik is so much faster and more reliable. If I could pry my friends away from kik and imessage I would use bbm in a second though. I agree it is 3 years too late though

Explain to all of us, how it sucks? It automatically sends regular SMS or iMessage if the other end has it.. it is effortless, it shows "delivered" verification, it is FREE texting, can be turned off, and has yet to have a hickup. Tell us, please, how it sucks? Good luck "prying" your friends from using iMessage...

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
BBM is only waiting on Apple because it chooses to, and if Apple allowed every single redundant App in the App store (yes it does sometimes) App store would have 2million apps by now. I'm not saying BBM is bad, but to iOS users it's pointless... I dont know one person who uses BB.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
BBM is only waiting on Apple because it chooses to, and if Apple allowed every single redundant App in the App store (yes it does sometimes) App store would have 2million apps by now. I'm not saying BBM is bad, but to iOS users it's pointless... I dont know one person who uses BB.

BBM is not waiting for apple, according to blackberry press release android will have it on september 21 and ios september 22.

Bbm for iOs maybe waiting for apple cause they're the one who will approve it but not bbm for Android.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
BBM is not waiting for apple, according to blackberry press release android will have it on september 21 and ios september 22.

Bbm for iOs maybe waiting for apple cause they're the one who will approve it but not bbm for Android.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

I was replying to a post above, but the whole thing I posted about waiting on apple is moot now...

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Explain to all of us, how it sucks? It automatically sends regular SMS or iMessage if the other end has it.. it is effortless, it shows "delivered" verification, it is FREE texting, can be turned off, and has yet to have a hickup. Tell us, please, how it sucks? Good luck "prying" your friends from using iMessage...

Yet to have a hickup for you is the key word here. I have had many times where my friends haven't gotten my message or it just didn't send. For me I would rather a separate app so I know for sure who has imessage, and I also like having extras like emoticons and if you have even tried another app like kik you would know it works flawless and all the extras are just a bonus that you miss when you use I message.

Wow it is effortless and shows read and delivered icons like every other single messaging service out there!! So maybe you say its the best thing ever, I say it sucks. Just my opinion.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was excited for this two years ago, desperately wishing that we could have BBM on other platforms. Two years ago there wasn't a decent cross platform messaging app. Now they are a dime a dozen and BlackBerry is two years late to a party where it should have been the guest of honor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech