Best Buy Question (GEEK SQUAD)

jamesIsboss

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok this is a weird Q for this forum but i figured someone probably knows. Ok so basically my GS4 screen just broke. Good news i have Best Buy Geek Squad 2- year protection. Now the GS4 is great and all but i was wondering if there was a way you can ask for a device such as the htc one assuming they cost the same price. Thanks

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how their service works, most of the stores can do an in-store repair right there meaning you would get the same device you gave them just with a new digitizer / screen but if for some reason your store can't do a repair right then and there then they MIGHT give you some lee way but I wouldn't hold my breath.

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i used to work there, unfortunately they arent able to do that. best you could do is trade it in and get a gift-card for the GS4 and but a HTC one at full retail...

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't get the HTC One because it's not easy to repair. Even with the protection they would have to send to manufacturer to repair. Because of the uni body design, most places can't fix it or they don't have the screens. I dropped my HTC One and had to buy a note 2 off CL cause its obsolete now.

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't get the HTC One because it's not easy to repair. Even with the protection they would have to send to manufacturer to repair. Because of the uni body design, most places can't fix it or they don't have the screens. I dropped my HTC One and had to buy a note 2 off CL cause its obsolete now.

Posted via Android Central App

For the One they don't repair it, they replace it entirely.
Its not a good reason to not buy the One, because most consumers don't repair their phones anyways.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
For the One they don't repair it, they replace it entirely.
Its not a good reason to not buy the One, because most consumers don't repair their phones anyways.

Most of the consumers I associate with do repair their phones and if they replace it, there's no guarantee you will get a brand new phone. I don't do refurbished so that's why I made the suggestion. I also purchased mine without a contract so to spend as much money as I did and now can't use the phone, I think that's worth mentioning to a potential buyer. Who wants a phone that is hard to repair after having spent hundreds of dollars on it? Also, if there's a scratch or something wrong with the device, you want the safety of knowing that you can take it locally and get it fixed instead of having to send it to another state and be without a phone for 7-14 business days.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you're wanting a phone that is likely to be fixed locally, than iPhone is about the only one that you can get fixed while you wait or even next day. MOST repair places that handle Android phones will either send your phone off or they have to order screens/digitizers or other parts and then take even more time to do the repairs because they'll have to look up how to do it. If it's still under warranty or if you have an extended warranty, most of them will send you a factory certified refurb and let you return the one you have and that's the most reliable way of doing it. There's really no reason to not accept the refurb as long as they stand behind it. Manufacturer factory Refurbs are an awesome way of saving a ton of money on electronics anyway. As long as they carry a full factory warranty, there's no difference between them and "new" products.

Most of Best Buys extended warranties are "if we can't fix it in store we'll swap it" but it's for the same product only. The only time anyplace will give you a different phone is if there is either a recall on the phone you bring in or that phone has been discontinued and they can't get the same one to replace yours.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd much rather have a refurb from the manufacturer then to have some self proclaimed tech ripping my phone apart at the local iPhone accessory shop.

Sent from my white Moto X

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Most of the consumers I associate with do repair their phones and if they replace it, there's no guarantee you will get a brand new phone. I don't do refurbished so that's why I made the suggestion. I also purchased mine without a contract so to spend as much money as I did and now can't use the phone, I think that's worth mentioning to a potential buyer. Who wants a phone that is hard to repair after having spent hundreds of dollars on it? Also, if there's a scratch or something wrong with the device, you want the safety of knowing that you can take it locally and get it fixed instead of having to send it to another state and be without a phone for 7-14 business days.

The majority of consumers are not like you.

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thats fine, didn't really ask anyone to be like me. Either way, what information have you contributed to the op question?

- - - Updated - - -

Thats fine, didn't really ask anyone to be like me. Either way, what information have you contributed to the op question?

- - - Updated - - -

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What have you added, besides steering him away from a great phone because of your personal preference?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781