BBM on Android now working, 1 day before release.

Rickondrius

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Howdy early adopters! Recently I have discovered a new .APK file wandering around the interwebs and found out that BBM for Android is already working, tried it and it is the real thing.

Here's a screenshot:

uktp.jpg

And here's the link to the file:
BBM-release.apk

And don't worry, it's no malware. I've tested it myself and it actually works.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Howdy early adopters! Recently I have discovered a new .APK file wandering around the interwebs and found out that BBM for Android is already working, tried it and it is the real thing.

Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 82333

And here's the link to the file:
BBM-release.apk

And don't worry, it's no malware. I've tested it myself and it actually works.

So you're saying you managed to find the apk file for bbm by randomly searching the internet and the files on media file share?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

gon2012

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, it works better than the previous "release" that was flying all over the place. This one sets bbm up successfully, even imports the contacts in ur old blackberry (if u had one), but the invites dont work!

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
FML I just downloaded it installed it and when I launch the app the says I'm not connected to my wireless network when I clearly am. I don't think this version is letting others use bbm as of yet.

Rickondrius

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, well it seems that it stopped working I'm not receiving any messages or requests anymore.. Weird.

Here's proof that it worked, couple hours ago:
s6ei.jpg

EDIT: It seems that BlackBerry has turned their servers off until it's official release, which is tomorrow.

Last edited:

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, well it seems that it stopped working I'm not receiving any messages or requests anymore.. Weird.

Here's proof that it worked, couple hours ago:
View attachment 82358

EDIT: It seems that BlackBerry has turned the servers off until it's official release, which is tomorrow.

How do you know that tomorrow is the official release date and is bbm free or do we need a subscription for it

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Where have you been? Lol tomorrow 7am EDT official release

Posted via Android Central App

Sorry man. I guess I've been too busy packing my stuff to move to the city for a few months to study and haven't really kept up with technology news lately.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry man. I guess I've been too busy packing my stuff to move to the city for a few months to study and haven't really kept up with technology news lately.

Studying is more important man keep your head down, tech news can wait lol enjoy the city life.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Studying is more important man keep your head down, tech news can wait lol enjoy the city life.

Indeed I enjoy studying programming and computer engineering and all the stuff its interesting. Do you reckon we'll have to pay a subscription fee for bbm?

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Indeed I enjoy studying programming and computer engineering and all the stuff its interesting. Do you reckon we'll have to pay a subscription fee for bbm?

Not sure if they will start charging in the future but as of now BlackBerry said it's gonna be free!

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

The only rumor I heard it will be free and they will make money from bbm channel or maybe from selling stickers (similar to line or wechat business model)

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt