Coming from iOS

TANGOxOMEGA

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
So, back story I have had apple a very long time. Made the switch to a Galaxy S2 when it launched and was the worst phone experience that I have ever had. Went back to apple ASAP, and now Im not impressed with the iPhone 5s. I need a bigger screen. So I went with the LG G2. I was torn between the Moto X, HTC One, and the G2. I hope that I made a good choice, Ill test it out for 2 weeks and if I do not like it I will return it for something different. (im with ATT if you have any input let me know) My concerns are the following:
I have so much music in iTunes
Support as in update to Kit Kat
Group Messaging (I group chat with all people that have iPhone and would like to try and keep that)
Feeling like I will be overwhelmed with the difficulty of android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android! First, give this thread a look: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

Your iTunes library can be uploaded in its entirety to Google Music, with the exception of any DRM-protected music you might have purchased and downloaded before 2009. Uploading is pretty easy--install the Google Music Manager (link here) on your computer, tell it what folder(s) to look in for music, then Upload. It might take a while, depending on how much music you have--possibly even >24 hours. Music Manager will upload your playlists as well. Keep in mind, though, that Google Music does not have a native sync function with iTunes, so it'd be best for you to move completely over to Google Music. If you make changes in the iTunes catalog, you'll have to make those same changes manually with Google Music. There are some 3rd party apps (like DoubleTwist and iSyncr) that are supposed to sync with iTunes, but I've read about somewhat varying success.

The G2, having just been released, should have no problem updating to KitKat. Most phone manufacturers and wireless providers have agreed to an industry standard of continuing to update a device for at least the first 18 months of its life. After that, chances become much lower that future updates will be available. You could always root the phone and install custom ROMs, but by then, you might be itching to get the next great phone.

Have fun, and keep asking questions!

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My concerns are the following:
I have so much music in iTunes
Support as in update to Kit Kat
Group Messaging (I group chat with all people that have iPhone and would like to try and keep that)
Feeling like I will be overwhelmed with the difficulty of android.

iTunes music. Tough one but there's apps for that. Unfortunately I don't have a personal experience with that to tell you how good it would sync though. Other people do though.

For update support, nexus and Google play edition htc one and galaxy s4 devices are great for that. Moto X should be fine too. The g2, and original HTC One and Galaxy s4 devices will get updated at least twice probably but a few months after the announced update.

As for iMessage, only way to group chat would be third party apps like Facebook Messenger or WhatApp Messenger.

As for difficulty of android. It's just as easy as an iPhone I'd say. There's just more options and customization but if you keep things the way they are, it'll take you the same time to learn it as it first took you to learn the iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App

AZBoy28

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android (and the forums).
Don't be overwhelmed by the learning curve of Android, it may look difficult but it actually isn't!