What would you recommend for an iPhone user switching to Android?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long time iPhone user who's looking to switch to an Android device. I've played around with the S4 & HTC One but neither of them have what I'm looking for. Problem is I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm intrigued by the Moto X but I'm worried about camera performance. I like the compact design of the X. I like the HTC One but the 4MP camera seems dated and I wonder how it's going to hold up in a two year contract. I'll be switching to AT&T so I'm also concerned about whatever I get holding up for the next 2 years and being obsolete in the next 2 years. Any suggestions?

My preferences are (in no particular order)
- Screen size under 5 inches
- Decent battery life
- Avg to good camera
- Preferably 32 GB or more of storage
- Fluid w/ little to no lag

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC One sounds like a good choice for you.

Screen size is 4.7"
Battery life has been great(for me at least, and im a semi heavy user and last all day)
Great camera
Comes with 32gb internal storage
Smooth as butter.

I would definitely give this phone a go. My 2 previous phones were the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4. This phone is hands down better then both, although you can't go wrong with the S4 either. Good luck with whatever phone you decide to get!

TANGOxOMEGA

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Stay away from Samsung, I switched from the iPhone to that awhile back and was a horrible choice. I went back to apple, now since apple hasnt decided to make a bigger phone, I am leaving them to go to the LG G2

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I look at LG as the step sister to Samsung. The devices are similar and both have too much stuff running on them! LG G2 is too big for me.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you want the HTC one.

The camera isn't as great as the S4's, but it's still pretty good.

Battery life is good, will be an improvement from the iPhone. The one takes forever to charge though.

Overall it's a great phone that is lag free.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Moto X.

The device is an awesome size: huge screen, but very comfortable in hand. Hardly any bigger than an iPhone 5, yet the screen is 4.7 inches.

Battery is awesome. I've had it since the first day it was available on Verizon, and I haven't killed the battery yet--that includes 32+ hours of life from one charge.

32GB and Moto Maker available on AT&T.

Very fluid experience, and a very clean, pure version of Android compared to HTC Sense, which is...a bit much. The features that Motorola added to Android are few, and they are actually features that I use.

The "problems" with the camera are overstated, if you ask me. There's a stickied thread in the Moto X forum devoted to pics people have taken with their Moto Xs. Check it out.

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Like stated above Moto X or HTC One. Both are lag free with good screen size and decent battery life. The One has a nicer looking build, the X has a nicer grip. The One has stereo speakers. The X is customizable since you're on at&t. The One has great low light camera performance, the X has higher resolution. Try them both, see which one fits your needs best

Posted via my lag-free, always updated Nexus 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think if I were choosing between the X and the One I'd choose the One. I don't know about you but I find myself relying on my phone's camera because its always with me...and the One has the better camera.

verpeiler

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
HTC One, best build quality and a nice UI (sense is great and far from being that joke called touchwiz), and you still got the possibility to root it and go with stock android.

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hardware Aside , I'd recommend a Nexus device or a Moto X.

My reason for this is an iphone user will feel more at home with the stock android experience than a phone with Touchwiz or sense. I felt lost on a Galaxy S4, but right at home on the Nexus and Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long time iPhone user who's looking to switch to an Android device. I've played around with the S4 & HTC One but neither of them have what I'm looking for. Problem is I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm intrigued by the Moto X but I'm worried about camera performance. I like the compact design of the X. I like the HTC One but the 4MP camera seems dated and I wonder how it's going to hold up in a two year contract. I'll be switching to AT&T so I'm also concerned about whatever I get holding up for the next 2 years and being obsolete in the next 2 years. Any suggestions?

My preferences are (in no particular order)
- Screen size under 5 inches
- Decent battery life
- Avg to good camera
- Preferably 32 GB or more of storage
- Fluid w/ little to no lag

I'd say the HTC one or the Moto X - I'm not sure about the cameras but if you're not looking for a large screen, these are the only phones you're going to find in Stock that for the rest of your needs.

GS4/iPhone5

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I leaning more toward the HTC One but I'm worried about the likelihood of receiving future software updates. Heck this thing hasn't even gotten an update past 4.1.2. I'm worried that the instability atop HTC is going to trickle down into their devices in the form of not being kept up-to-date for a realistic amount of time.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I leaning more toward the HTC One but I'm worried about the likelihood of receiving future software updates. Heck this thing hasn't even gotten an update past 4.1.2. I'm worried that the instability atop HTC is going to trickle down into their devices in the form of not being kept up-to-date for a realistic amount of time.

How do you only have 4.1.2? I'm on Verizon and have 4.2.2. According to a couple articles I read online the HTC One should receive 4.3 in the coming weeks.

Sent from The One phone to rule them all!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I would also say either the HTC One or the Moto X. If I had to choose, I would say the Moto.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon version is the only one to have 4.2.2. Everyone else on Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile is stuck on 4.1.2. People have been waiting for months for 4.2.2 and now 4.3 is rumored to come soon but who knows how long that will take. I also feel like 4.3 (if and when it comes) will be the last major OS update to the One based on their history.

verpeiler

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon version is the only one to have 4.2.2. Everyone else on Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile is stuck on 4.1.2. People have been waiting for months for 4.2.2 and now 4.3 is rumored to come soon but who knows how long that will take. I also feel like 4.3 (if and when it comes) will be the last major OS update to the One based on their history.

That's something I really don't get in america. Your updates really depend on your carrier? What's the reason behind this? In germany you usually get something like an unlocked phone and the updates come from the manufacturer like it's really your phone.

Maybe because the system with subsidized phones in the US just sucks and carriers have to be a PITA. ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc