BBM release statement about delay

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This statement is complete BS. The leaked version didn't work when it first came out because Blackberry had prevented the authentication servers from accepting new connections. Blackberry never released a version to play store but yet opened up authentication for android connections using the leaked version. They could have handled this a couple different ways:
1) they could have just released the final version on time and that would have minimized the impact of any leaked version.
2) they could have just kept everything locked down and not let those with the leaked version ever connect.

They chose neither of those so one can only deduce the following:
1) Blackberry most likely leaked the .42 version themselves and allowed those users to connect so they could test the impact on their systems.
2) Blackberry's server capacity was not prepared to handle the volume of connections which is an incredible failing on their part.
3) This problem won't be quickly solved because it means adding a great deal more server capacity and that won't happen overnight...

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what they charge for it... If its a one time fee for the app and it's small then many of the 1.1m would probably pay it as most of them are previous BBM users and the die hards if you will...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Hope they do charge. That'll make for some awesome threads on how crappy BB is, and oh my god how can they charge for what sound b free. Nothing is free

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what they charge for it... If its a one time fee for the app and it's small then many of the 1.1m would probably pay it as most of them are previous BBM users and the die hards if you will...

I'm a long time BB user since 2002ish, I do miss BBM.