Should I wait to get the rumored Nexus 5 on Sprint or get the HTC One?

Should I wait to get the rumored Nexcess 5 on Sprint or get the HTC One?

• Total voters

Joshua Pack

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Should I wait to get the rumored Nexus 5 on Sprint or get the HTC One?

EDIT: Stupid copy and paste on the poll...... -.-''''' and I can't edit it.

EDIT2: how do you delete a thread? I want this deleted, as I even spelled Nexus wrong!!!!!

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
lol Nexcess.

Nexus 5 is looking less and less appealing, Nexus 4 wasn't all that great and borderline flop. I think it's time for HTC to start making them again or perhaps Motorola (though I don't like them).

eaglespeed

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Consider the LG optimus g2 I was holding in my hand yesterday and it's screen is massive and as smooth as water, smoother than the HTC one, but if u don't like LG go with the HTC one

Joshua Pack

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
eaglespeed, I was just looking up the LG G2!!!! and man am i blown away by it. however it is not on sprint yet :( I've signed up to know when it does.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the LG G2 and for T-Mobile (so it seems) there's a minor touch screen issue, but absolutely loved the phone!

I say go for a phone now test it out and if no good return it if the return policy allows it. I plan to try out a couple more phones before the Nexus 5 comes out.

techloebf

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
lol Nexcess.

Nexus 5 is looking less and less appealing, Nexus 4 wasn't all that great and borderline flop. I think it's time for HTC to start making them again or perhaps Motorola (though I don't like them).

I agree with you, if rumors are true of downgraded screen & camera, etc., I will definitely pass on the N5.

Posted via Android Central App

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, if rumors are true of downgraded screen & camera, etc., I will definitely pass on the N5.

Downgrade? It's a day and night difference from the N4 in upgrade. Full 5" 1080p with 8mp OIS camera, Lte support. Snapdragon 800.... Ect ect ect. Where is the Downgrade part?

Sent from my SPH-L710

Michael Rodgers

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe he means a dowgrade from the specs on the G2? I'm just not sure why you'd call the N4 a flop...

Downgrade? It's a day and night difference from the N4 in upgrade. Full 5" 1080p with 8mp OIS camera, Lte support. Snapdragon 800.... Ect ect ect. Where is the Downgrade part?

Sent from my SPH-L710

Joshua Pack

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Even next to the G2 it's an upgrade as well. Heck, just by not having that absurd LG OS skin is an upgrade itself already right there.

LOL on the LG Skin. however, i am definitely still looking into options until the LG is released on Sprint. I am hoping to hear more news about the nexus 5

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The rumor as it stands now is the 16 GB N5 will have the 2300 mAh battery and the 32 will be the same as the G2 in terms of battery size. However the camera will remain the same at 8 MP.

So what I'm getting at is you get more with the LG G2 regardless but the Nexus 32 GB is very close.

Thinking like me there's more value in the G2 since it can be rooted to have a stock android experience and unrooted to go back to LG UI if needed. So you kind of have the best of both worlds unless you are opposed to rooting.

In conclusion the G2 with stock android (cyanogenmod, paranoid, AOKP, etc) is a Nexus 5.5 depending in developer support in terms of hardware. Right now however the Dev support is thin and I'm just gonna have to patiently wait and use the LG UI until it picks up.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 4

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
@vahdyx How is the LG G2 camera-wise?

I think the camera is great. I love the features but the UI is pretty ugly. But I don't care too much about that. The image it captured is what I care about and its one of the best I've used if not the best.

The OIS really really helps out lol.

The biggest downside on this camera I'd say is 13MP is 4:3 ratio (standard) and 10MP is 16:9 (Wide)

I'm sure developers will fix that unless its hardware limited.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think the camera is great. I love the features but the UI is pretty ugly. But I don't care too much about that. The image it captured is what I care about and its one of the best I've used if not the best.

The OIS really really helps out lol.

The biggest downside on this camera I'd say is 13MP is 4:3 ratio (standard) and 10MP is 16:9 (Wide)

I'm sure developers will fix that unless its hardware limited.

That's how it's supposed to be. The S4 is 13 MP in 4:3 and 9.6 MP in 16:9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze