Best phone for typing on?

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
At the moment I am mostly looking to get a HTC One, although I am slightly swaying towards the S4 because of the bigger screen size. I am not sure if it really makes a difference or not, but I do a lot of browsing and watching TV/movies. I'm trying to sum up whether it's worth it to get a bigger screen (S4) or a better screen (One).

Another thing I'm thinking about is the HTC One Mini. It's more compact which I do really like in my devices (but a 4.3 inch screen is still a brilliant size for a phone) and it still has boomsound speakers. I am wondering, is it actually easier to type on a mini phone than a full sized one? Which is best for typing?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I think it would really depend on the keyboard you use. I've been using Thumb Keyboard for years now and it's great no matter what the screen size :)

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is by far the best typing phone till date. But it's a bit old. So you may want to consider it's successor, the BlackBerry Q10. The Q10's keyboard isn't as good as the 9900's but it's arguably the best 2013 phone for typing and is way beyond anything Android and Apple have to offer.

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is by far the best typing phone till date. But it's a bit old. So you may want to consider it's successor, the BlackBerry Q10. The Q10's keyboard isn't as good as the 9900's but it's arguably the best 2013 phone for typing and is way beyond anything Android and Apple have to offer.

Agree but I'm talking about android touchscreens really. Blackberry I just am not willing to go back to, it looks like the people in charge are just trying to line their own pockets and turned their back on the company/products.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Agree but I'm talking about android touchscreens really. Blackberry I just am not willing to go back to, it looks like the people in charge are just trying to line their own pockets and turned their back on the company/products.

Depends on the size of your hands XD I couldn't use an iPhone because of the small screen and my big hands. The S4 is perfect for one handed typing if you use swype/swift key or two handed typing if you hit one letter at a time

Posted via Android Central App

Dolfy

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems on smaller screens as long as I could use swype. I use the S3 now and love it on there. It makes it very easy to type out what you want without having to get the letters exact since it figures out the word you want for you.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are good keyboard alternatives in the Play Store, consider looking at a few and see which fits. I use SwiftKey and its been great since day one.

Let us know which way you are leaning.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had a galaxy Note 2 for a year and I have recently purchased an HTC one... To me the HTC one is the perfect size phone...stand it next to the GS4 and they are the same exact size now the choice is do you want the bigger screen and removable memory on the GS4 or boom sound, a tank of a frame, and it's easier to use one hand on the HTC seeing the screen is slightly smaller....

Personally making the jump from 5.5 amoled to 4.7 slcd has been wonderful... I love the touch response on LCD screens more ... I never knew there was a difference until now...it feels smoother ..

As for texting that depends if you're staying with stock the HTC one has a better keyboard...other than that the size difference isn't enough to make a huge difference...

Media: well again I had the note 2 for a year and I've had the HTC one for a week...when I hit play...I don't think about the size of the screen is smaller...the picture is still big enough and clean enough to capture you ... Soooo I'm fine with the jump...

I can't say how much I missed a compact phone... The HTC one size,boom sound, plus the one thing I over looked the beats audio enhancement ....this device is for me ...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So HTC is more responsive and generally better? Minus removeable battery and expandable storage?

Not sure how the keyboard is but if it's stock, the GS4 keyboard sucks. Luckily it also comes with Swype out of the box, much better.

Posted via Android Central App

displacedtexan

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So HTC is more responsive and generally better? Minus removeable battery and expandable storage?

I like it much better. Neither the battery or lack of a microSD slot bother me in the least.

Also, i can't really comment on the keyboard, I use SwiftKey on all my Android devices.

Chanlion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There isn't really a best "phone" to type on the Android system. They're all flat screens. It comes down a lot to the software now. You can download whatever keyboard you want.
But as for size, it depends how big your hand and thumb is. Speaking from experience, my typing on the Z10 is almost perfect. It's confortable for two or one handed typing. It matches the HTC One mini's size so I think that'll be a good choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm