Now, it has been stated before in these forums about how devices largely have been phasing out removable batteries and microsd card slots. Well I have a question, who else besides Samsung has devices that are new and high end that have either one right now? Its one of the few reasons why I am still hanging onto my Droid RAZR M, because of the microsd card slot. The Droid Maxx is very tempting though.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    10-06-2013 07:33 AM
    Also one of the reasons I went with Samsung, removable battery and sd card.
    10-06-2013 07:41 AM
    Also one of the reasons I went with Samsung, removable battery and sd card.
    Also the reason why I seriously considered the GN3 and the GS4. I hate having unlimited data sometimes because its so hard to get new devices with the high cost of smart phones.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    10-06-2013 08:08 AM
    For a high end device Samsung is your only option.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    10-07-2013 11:01 PM
    I'm hoping that battery technology progresses to the point where taking the battery out is a thing of the past. Also I don't understand why they can't add micro SD to the sides of the phone in flagship devices?
    10-08-2013 08:56 AM
    Also I don't understand why they can't add micro SD to the sides of the phone in flagship devices?
    It's a big pain in the **** to design into a phone. You also have to add the support and drivers to Android (Google removed a bunch of it) as well. It's way cheaper to leave it out.

It's worth pointing out that Samsung is one of the few OEM's that have stuck with the uSD slot and removable battery and they're also the most successful by far.
    10-08-2013 09:20 AM
    It's a big pain in the **** to design into a phone. You also have to add the support and drivers to Android (Google removed a bunch of it) as well. It's way cheaper to leave it out.

It's worth pointing out that Samsung is one of the few OEM's that have stuck with the uSD slot and removable battery and they're also the most successful by far.
    People have said on these forums that Samsung may include its not the main reason why people buy Samsung products. But, I believe it does not hurt their success having it along with every single feature you think in a smartphone. Also having a removable battery and microsd card slot opens up a large accessory ecosystem for that device. Samsung's Galaxy S3 is the only phone besides an iPhone that has a lifeproof case, that's says something. Samsung S-Flagship line and Note line have the biggest accessory ecosystem of any android device. Thanks in part to that removable battery, and microsd card slot.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-10-2013 08:14 PM
    People have said on these forums that Samsung may include its not the main reason why people buy Samsung products.
    But how much actual proof have they shown? I'm not saying that Samsung is so much more popular because of the removable storage and battery, but it's obvious you can still include them and still be popular. I just want people to remember that little bits of anecdotal evidence and speculation are not the same as hard facts and actual evidence. Keep in mind that there's a reason all of the other OEM's leave it out, but the most popular OEM has ignored those reasons and kept it in. They must have some pretty good evidence that it's worth implementing.

But, I believe it does not hurt their success having it along with every single feature you think in a smartphone. Also having a removable battery and microsd card slot opens up a large accessory ecosystem for that device.
    Yeah, I suppose it helps encourage Samsung to leave the removable storage and battery in their phones when they also sell micro SD cards and batteries. The other OEM's are lucky to sell one extra battery per phone but some people will buy multiple Samsung batteries for their one phone.
    10-11-2013 08:21 AM
    But how much actual proof have they shown? I'm not saying that Samsung is so much more popular because of the removable storage and battery, but it's obvious you can still include them and still be popular. I just want people to remember that little bits of anecdotal evidence and speculation are not the same as hard facts and actual evidence. Keep in mind that there's a reason all of the other OEM's leave it out, but the most popular OEM has ignored those reasons and kept it in. They must have some pretty good evidence that it's worth implementing.

Yeah, I suppose it helps encourage Samsung to leave the removable storage and battery in their phones when they also sell micro SD cards and batteries. The other OEM's are lucky to sell one extra battery per phone but some people will buy multiple Samsung batteries for their one phone.
    Exactly, if my phone had a removable battery I would as well. But, I don't so I have to get a external battery. Though I do have good battery life with my device. An extra battery when things are low would be nice.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App
    10-11-2013 08:53 AM
    Samsung S-Flagship line and Note line have the biggest accessory ecosystem of any android device. Thanks in part to that removable battery, and microsd card slot.

How do you know the accessories are because of those two features?
    10-11-2013 10:57 PM
    How do you know the accessories are because of those two features?
    What about all the extended batteries and this:
    http://m.androidauthority.com/monste...300mah-240794/

Would not have been possible without a removable battery and memory.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App
    10-12-2013 06:48 AM
    The z1 has sdcard. I care more about sdcard than battery. Dunno if battery technology has come a long way or Samsung just uses junk batteries to cut cost but the battery on Nexus 4 is working the way it did on day 1 after a year whereas the battery on my S2 had to be replaced after 6 months. LG chem also happen to make the best batteries.

10-12-2013 08:00 AM