To people that use Android that have used iOS, what do you miss from iOS?

cmiller4642

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I love Android don't get me wrong but I miss a few things from iOS

1.Visual voicemail

2.Apps that let you know they need updated on the screen

3.This one is kind of stupid but I like that on iOS you can directly take a picture in the Facebook application with one click of a button. In the Android version you have to go into a menu for uploading photos and taking a picture. It's just one click that's unnecessary. Sometimes I see something funny that in a whim I want to post it to my wall

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: To people that use Android that have used iOS what do you miss from iOS?

1.Visual voicemail

3.This one is kind of stupid but I like that on iOS you can directly take a picture in the Facebook application with one click of a button. In the Android version you have to go into a menu for uploading photos and taking a picture. It's just one click that's unnecessary. Sometimes I see something funny that in a whim I want to post it to my wall

I miss the on-screen notifications and imessage but that's about it

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

1.Visual voicemail

Wait. I have visual voicemail on my Android phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

To the op its plenty of free visual voicemail apps in the store.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

And if I want to send a pic to fb all I have to do is guess what.... click the share button and send it to fb. Pretty easy.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

1.Visual voicemail

1. Visual voicemail is available on Android. I even have it integrated into my dialer, just like on iOS (this requires stock Android and Google Voice). That said, I do think iOS does it better.

2. My apps auto update and the ones that have permission changes and thus need my approval to update tell me in the notification shade. That is good enough for me.

3. Open Camera, take picture, share directly to Facebook from there. Same ease of use, just requires starting in a different app.

SpandexJock

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I miss:
1. iMessage
2. Free integrated visual voicemail
3. Active notifications (where the screen turns on from sleep and shows whatever has just happened)
4. The little toggle switch on the side of the phone that switched from vibrate mode to sound on.
5. Unread email badge on the email app icon
6. Distinctive sounds/vibration patterns that distinguish between text messages, emails, or phone calls. There seems to be one overarching notification sound setting in Android. Even if you set individual sounds for email, texts, etc., the main notification sound will go off simultaneously. Makes it difficult to know just what happened until you wake the phone and look at the notification shade.
7. Not having to wonder if I will ever receive an OS update.

I've only had an android phone for a month now, so I am still learning. Go easy on me...

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

There are a few things miss from iOS and though they are few they are major.

1. iOS keyboard. I was a machine on that keyboard compared to the 3rd party ones android has. Kii, swiftkey, Swype, google, doesn't really matter.

2. Notifications. I really like the implementation of notifications on ios. Not sure what it is about it but they seem to just suit me better.

3. The way the OS works for the simple things. I work in an area where I am sending pics of ideas for projects I gather online. With ios I could copy the image and paste it in a text to my team. With android I have to save the image, dig it out of my downloads folder, then share it. To some it isn't an issue, but to me it takes more steps than it should.

Android is a godsend to those of us getting out of the walled garden, but there are some things the OS could do much better. Other than that my s4 is Darn near my best friend. It never leaves my side.

maybi0058

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

There are a few things miss from iOS and though they are few they are major.

1. iOS keyboard. I was a machine on that keyboard compared to the 3rd party ones android has. Kii, swiftkey, Swype, google, doesn't really matter.

2. Notifications. I really like the implementation of notifications on ios. Not sure what it is about it but they seem to just suit me better.

3. The way the OS works for the simple things. I work in an area where I am sending pics of ideas for projects I gather online. With ios I could copy the image and paste it in a text to my team. With android I have to save the image, dig it out of my downloads folder, then share it. To some it isn't an issue, but to me it takes more steps than it should.

Android is a godsend to those of us getting out of the walled garden, but there are some things the OS could do much better. Other than that my s4 is Darn near my best friend. It never leaves my side.

I also miss the copy and paste of a picture. Even from Google images I would copy and paste, but with my galaxys3 it takes saving it and then attaching it.

Other than that I miss imessagge.... But I use whatsapp a lot and it feels much like it.

I love my new phone and all of us who changed recently will always miss something from ios, after all easy or not it was something we learned how to use on daily basis. I bet that in a year from now if we were to change back the list of missed thing from Android would also be big.

maybi0058

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

One more thing..... This is a big deal for me. With the iPhone I could take top quality videos and send them through m?s and the phone would automatically arrange the resolution but still the other person would receive it with good quality.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

One more thing..... This is a big deal for me. With the iPhone I could take top quality videos and send them through m?s and the phone would automatically arrange the resolution but still the other person would receive it with good quality.

Even if the receiver wasn't using an iPhone?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Safer App store
Siri _ think she still has the slight advantage right now.
iMessage
Visual VM (native)
Email client - one thing Apple owns right now, best native email client.
iCloud (iMac user)
Passbook - would auto populate my starbucks card to the notification center automactically
App quality on some apps I use. Themes are live on Yahoo mail already etc. (not on android)
Getting apps or app updates (i.e. not waiting for 2-8 weeks longer for the android version/update)

Nothing up there is a deal killer. I love my Moto X, I still have my iPhone so I really don't have to do without anything. Those are just some things I like about iOS.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Getting updates direct to the phone, not having to rely on the phone manufacture and on carrier. Google needs to get this solved.

I switched from iOS for bigger screens, SD card support and removable batteries. Sad to see Google wanting these removed from USA phones. Most Asian models retain many of these features.

Android is getting better in some ways. My first Android I had for two years required battery pulls much more frequently than my new phone.

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely nothing. I switched to android so I can do what I want with my phone without having to JB. I stayed for the removable battery, SD slot, and bigger/better screen. Better screen imo. I know iphone pacs more ppi but I think my phones screen is crisper.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I miss:

1. The physical silent mode switch.
  2. iTunes, the backup part of it. I love the fact that I can run a full backup, and then restore it, even to a different phone, and everything is restored exactly how it was.

maybi0058

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Even if the receiver wasn't using an iPhone?

Yes. I used to send videos to my husband with a galaxys3 all the time.

Shnider Moonraker

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

I just switched to the HTC one from the iPhone 5. So far I love it, however I do miss some of Siri's functions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon