What phone did you use before you got a smartphone?

cmiller4642

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I used an LG Rumor before I got an HTC Hero with an upgrade. The rumor was sick at the time because it was a side sliding keyboard. I remember when I got the hero I hated the lack of a QWERTY keyboard (I wasn't used to capacitive touch screens at the time and I text a LOT).

cmiller4642

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Started with a smartphone. :D In all fairness, I didn't get one until I reached first year of uni.

haha some of us that are in our late twenties grew up seeing our parents use the starTAC and not being able to use it (you'll break the damn thing!)

I remember being in twelfth grade in 2003 and laughing because a girl was sending something called text messages from her phone

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Before I got a smartphone I used... an iPhone!!! :D:D:D

Seriously, I had some LG flip phones, Nextel phones (Motorola), Nokia, HTC, Blackberry, and yes, even an iPhone, etc...

However, I consider that my smartphone era begun with my beloved Palm Prē!
:thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

cmiller4642

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Before I got a smartphone I used... an iPhone!!! :D:D:D

Seriously, I had some LG flip phones, Nextel phones (Motorola), Nokia, HTC, Blackberry, and yes, even an iPhone, etc...

However, I consider that my smartphone era begun with my beloved Palm Prē!
:thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

I consider the original iPhone to be the start of "modern" smartphones because it's really what brought them from enterprise and business users to everyday consumers. You can't deny that Apple really pioneered bringing the mobile web and the full web together with much more fluent applications for everyday use. I remember thinking in the back of my mind when I first saw the iPhone at the age of 21 I thought the same thing that I did when I saw texting at the age of 17 "why in the world would I need my phone to be a computer?" technological progression has been astounding in the past 15 years.

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung SPH-a900
Nice phone and made the Razr look like plastic junk. Wish Samsung used materials like that still.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I should classify those monochrome and color display Blackberry and Palm phones as smarthones- if so then I was using Motorola flips before that with the big fat battery and retractable antenna throughout the mid-late 90's, first phone was that damn Motorola bag phone and I still have it.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I had an LG Dare just before my first Android phone. It even did the 120fps video that you could play back in slow mo like the 5s.

priyanthn

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Had a moto krazr K1M, first smartphone was an iPhone 3G. Upgraded to iPhone 4 and later ran with a blackberry for 6 months and got introduced to the galaxy s2. From then on I've used an s3 and now on an s4. You can say I had a fairshare of multiple mobile OS experience lol

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Car Phone-->Audiovox MVX-->Motorola Star Tac-->Nokia 6160-->Nokia 8290-->Nokia 6560-->Palm Treo 650-->Palm Centro-->HTC EVO-->Samsung Galaxy Nexus-->LG Nexus 5

Palm V-->Palm m505--> Palm TT-->Palm T3

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar