Android Reviews

newbiandroider

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am obviously new here and have been having a blast reading through all of the post and reviews. It got me thinking, out of all the apps that are reviewed or commented on, how much of it is biased based on similar iOS apps. The only reason I ask is that I am new to Android from iOS (the last two updates really put me off), also, are there really any bad reviews posted. Are they screened by the app owner before being uploaded. Sorry for the silly question, but it got me thinking.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
NewbiAndroider

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to Android!!

If you go to the Google Play store and change the comment view from "Most helpful" to "Most recent" you'll get all comments regardless if they're bad or not. I'm not too familiar with iOS apps so if there's anything specific you want to compare, let us know :)

newbiandroider

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks VDub2174 for your reply. I am really trying to understand the "app review" websites. The app comments are good I think, but if someone has a bug up their nose for paying $2 for something they really hate, it shows in their post, similarly, if someone knows that developer, their post will be so full of hot air it is not funny. App reviewers are unbiased as to who the developer is, however I seen sites where they want developers to pay upwards of $200 for a review. That brings me back to the initial question, do they actually give bad reviews seems someone has paid for it etc? That leaves a stain in my mind about app review sites because the developer could have paid $600 for someone to give a good review and you go out and pay $10 for something that is not worth $1. Interesting scenario which got me thinking. Thanks again in advance.

NewbiAndroider

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12