Stop with the giant phones

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Us girls have it easy, we can get a phone with a big screen, and then just put it in our purses when we don't want to carry it. :p

Honestly, I was a little worried about getting a Note3 at first because of my tiny hands, but I love it, and I can actually use it with one hand for 99.9% of things. But I get that such a large device isn't for everyone. Hopefully you find something that works for you OP; there have been a lot of helpful suggestions in this thread. Unfortunately, I don't think they will stop making large devices any time soon because of how useful they can be in so many different applications, so just stick with what you like.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm so tired of giant phones I can't comfortably use with 1 hand. The HTC one is my favorite phone but it's too big then they make a mini but lower the specs. I don't want an iPhone.

Will android ever make a 4.3-4.5 inch top of the line phone? I'm getting annoyed with these giant phones

Sent from my HTC One
Try a Moto X. Same screen size, smaller frame.

I for one love big phones. I wish the Galaxy Mega 6.3 had Note 3 like specs.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish the Galaxy Mega 6.3 had Note 3 like specs.

Me too! If the thing can't fit into my pocket, then it's a tablet. I know the Mega could fit in my pocket, but that phone is for people who need something simple/affordable. The Round is supposed to have the same specs as the Note 3, but I'm good. :)

Stashsmom

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, you're young now, but after you hit 40 or so, your eyes don't let you read the smaller screens even with bifocals. Enjoy your smaller screens now while you can, but be glad that they CAN make large screens for those of us who are "over the hill." :)

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, you're young now, but after you hit 40 or so, your eyes don't let you read the smaller screens even with bifocals. Enjoy your smaller screens now while you can, but be glad that they CAN make large screens for those of us who are "over the hill." :)

I'm 40 and I've been visually impaired all my life, I still don't want a **** sized phone. Besides post-Gingerbread you can make fonts bigger and there are also font size apps in the store (I set mine to 140%).

I carry my phone in my pant pocket, my HTC One X is hitting the limit in size, any bigger than that and I'd have to go back to a holster. However the Moto X and Nexus 5 with larget screen seems to have a smaller frame real estate, otherwise "mini" versions are what I'll probably go for on my next upgrade.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm 40 and I've been visually impaired all my life, I still don't want a **** sized phone. Besides post-Gingerbread you can make fonts bigger and there are also font size apps in the store (I set mine to 140%).

That makes reading a slight inconvenience when I want to read PDFs and/or Kindle books. I enjoy reading books without an e-reader/tablet and the Note 2/3 makes that possible without setting fonts to 200% larger.

I am nearing 40, and I do have most if not all of my vision left. However, stashsmom is right, vision will be an issue with me after 40. My sister is much older than I and she needs glasses for reading. I have to do what I can to prolong my vision as much as possible while making it convenient for me. I have big hands, or rather my hands are not tiny. (I'm not an orge...lmao.) If the phone can fit in my pocket, and the specs are good then I will use it. The market dictates that we get big phones, and people like myself want them.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Weird. Most people I know at that age have iPhones.. ;)

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
A phone is only big because of the bezel on the side and other parts of the phone. If phone makers made the bottom bezel smaller, then they wouldn't have this problem.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
A phone is only big because of the bezel on the side and other parts of the phone. If phone makers made the bottom bezel smaller, then they wouldn't have this problem.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile

I completely agree and can't wait until they stop with the giant bezels

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so tired of giant phones I can't comfortably use with 1 hand. The HTC one is my favorite phone but it's too big then they make a mini but lower the specs. I don't want an iPhone.

Will android ever make a 4.3-4.5 inch top of the line phone? I'm getting annoyed with these giant phones

Sent from my HTC One

I don't think its the screen size that makes the HTC One feel big, the addition of those speakers make the device taller and the weird placement of buttons make the device seem larger. The power button should be on the side like the Nexus 4 and Samsung galaxy phones.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think its the screen size that makes the HTC One feel big, the addition of those speakers make the device taller and the weird placement of buttons make the device seem larger. The power button should be on the side like the Nexus 4 and Samsung galaxy phones.

Yes, definitely agree! :thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Don't waste your time with the Moto X. Get the Droid Maxx. It's only a little bigger, has a bigger battery and is an overall better phone than the Moto X. The Droid Maxx is probably the best smart phone out there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63