Question about Google Play Movies

DaveGoose

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I have a quick question about Google Play Movies.

Is there any way to put my movies into Google Play Movies. I have an LG Nexus 4 and an Asus Transformer TF300T. When I put movies into the movies folder (I have tried .AVI and .MP4) they don't show up. It's a nice interface that I would like to use, since I use Google Play Music and it's great. Has anyone had any luck with this, or is it only the movies that you purchase go there?

Thanks,

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
No, you can't do that. The Google Play movies app is only used for movies and TV shows you purchased from the Play Store. It can't run your own video files you have in your phone's memory.
To view your own movies (ones you added yourself and not from the Play Store), just open up the gallery, and the movie should be in there. Click on the movie and it will start playing using the default video player app (not Google play movies).
If your movie doesn't show up on the gallery, use a third part video player (download from the Play Store) and look it up from there.

DaveGoose

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I actually use VLC Player, I just like the idea of using the Google Play because with the muusic ap you can have the album cover and it looks nice, I was hoping I could have my collection on Play Movies like that, but oh well!