BBM going live shortly.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Noooooooooooooooo. My SGN8 3G isn't compatible. I can't get it. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh yeah it's live in the Google Play Store in Canada now.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been checking it in play store I every 10 mins for last hour but no success. In the CNET they have said it would go live in the next hour and it was posted 45mins ago. I think it will take around 1-2 hours more and then a long wait. At least for those who didn't sign up before.

Sent from my GSIII

Tuco Ramirez

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What a bunch of nonsense. After you download the BBM app, you have to provide them with your email address and wait in an a queue to be notified in order to actually activate the app, which takes forever. What a joke.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
What a bunch of nonsense. After you download the BBM app, you have to provide them with your email address and wait in an a queue to be notified in order to actually activate the app, which takes forever. What a joke.

If you were preregistered like me you get in straightaway haha

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Been using for the past 4-5hours, running well on my Galaxy S4, interface is fast and smooth and I like the emoticons.

I had preregistered so didnt have to wait :D

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
BBM on Android is a little odd in small but noticeable ways (especially given it's an App for typing):
-"Copy Text" uses BB's design
-"Cut" is missing completely
-"Replace" is missing completely
-"Paste" uses Android's design
-When you "Copy" it's all or nothing - no way to select specify text

By comparison on iOS it uses the standard iOS design throughout all the points I mentioned.

Another few things:
-You should be able to skip to a new line
-There should be an option for automatically expanding/dismissing the keyboard
-Deleting a shared image locally shows the User that shared it a blank Image whereas I think the image should have cached so it shows a small preview (even if the image is deleted) the way it does on WhatsApp

Still a good first attempt just hope they update to conform more to Android design standards.

Last edited: