Back a few years in the early days of android. There once was an app called "launcher pro". For anyone that's been around for some time this app will sound very familiar.

I still remember when I first discovered it and the excitement that came whenever I noticed there was an update for it. With each update the launcher became more and more my favorite. So much so, it had become my standard to compare to. Whenever I tried out another launcher I immediately noticed the difference. Nothing else seemed to compare to the responsiveness and overall smoothness of LP. I would always return to LP because the others seemed to pale in comparison to its glory.

It became one of the first apps I installed anytime I got a new phone. To me it had became synonymous with android and its capabilities. I ended up using it as my daily driver for the next couple of years to come.
    Unfortunately Ice Cream Sandwich killed compatibility with LP and so ended my long time relationship with one of the best apps I've ever used To this day I still ponder on the incredible potential exhibited through this app by the mind of an amazing developer.

Federico Carnales is/was a staple for the android community and an example what determination and effort can produce. He's been frighteningly absent from the android world for roughly a year and a half now with his applications on the play store even today. However there they lay unsupported and unfit to install in newer versions of android.
    So what happened? Where did he go? I recall a letter written to him because many other like minded individuals began scouring the net in fear of his death. I personally gave up searching the net for an answer for his apparent silence.

So am I the only to remember the good ol days of launcher pro? What was your experience with this app?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-23-2013 03:00 PM
    Nobody remembers this excellent app and developer?

10-23-2013 07:17 PM
    Back a few years in the early days of android. There once was an app called "launcher pro". For anyone that's been around for some time this app will sound very familiar.

I still remember when I first discovered it and the excitement that came whenever I noticed there was an update for it. With each update the launcher became more and more my favorite. So much so, it had become my standard to compare to. Whenever I tried out another launcher I immediately noticed the difference. Nothing else seemed to compare to the responsiveness and overall smoothness of LP. I would always return to LP because the others seemed to pale in comparison to its glory.

It became one of the first apps I installed anytime I got a new phone. To me it had became synonymous with android and its capabilities. I ended up using it as my daily driver for the next couple of years to come.
    Unfortunately Ice Cream Sandwich killed compatibility with LP and so ended my long time relationship with one of the best apps I've ever used To this day I still ponder on the incredible potential exhibited through this app by the mind of an amazing developer.

Federico Carnales is/was a staple for the android community and an example what determination and effort can produce. He's been frighteningly absent from the android world for roughly a year and a half now with his applications on the play store even today. However there they lay unsupported and unfit to install in newer versions of android.
    So what happened? Where did he go? I recall a letter written to him because many other like minded individuals began scouring the net in fear of his death. I personally gave up searching the net for an answer for his apparent silence.

So am I the only to remember the good ol days of launcher pro? What was your experience with this app?

I liked launcher pro when I first tried it out a long time ago, but now it is just a distant memory...
    10-23-2013 08:04 PM
    Good memories though. Periodically I search the net for info regarding the dev but always turn up nothing. Fede definitely knew his stuff.

10-23-2013 08:18 PM
    Good memories though. Periodically I search the net for info regarding the dev but always turn up nothing. Fede definitely knew his stuff.

Yup!
    10-23-2013 09:30 PM
    I guess it's possible something happened to him, but more likely he moved on in life. It's just one guy, after all. He could have gotten bored of developing or been hired to work for someone else.
    10-24-2013 03:33 AM