Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 2013

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! Decided to post it here because I really don't know which category this belongs to.

So anyway
My dad is unhappy with his Iphone 4 right now. The Camera isn't working and IOS 7 seems to be lagging a lot for him so he asked me to find him a new phone that isn't too expensive. So i suggested the Nexus 4 to him since my brother owns one. He seems to like the idea but ask about the Nexus 7 (since he saw that I have the 2012 one) but I didn't really have much of a response to him because the Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 has a somewhat identical spec sheet.
So I'm here to ask for your help and opinion.

A little background which should help:
Portability: He carries a weird small messenger bag around so keeping a nexus 7 to travel for him isn't hard.
Multimedia consumption: He watches very few movies on his phone mainly because he has netflix enabled devices all around the house. However, he does watch a good amount of youtube videos for cooking. He barely has any songs on his phone. (calls most of the songs he hears as "loud noise")
Camera: He takes pictures but not a lot nor does he not care about quality that much. So he wouldn't really see the different on a 5mp vs 8mp... nor does he care if hes taking a pic with a tablet. Oh he also occasionally skypes with people but not for a long period of time, probably 15 minutes average.
Speed: He does get mad quickly when the device lags a lot, I hear him yell "stupid phone" to his iphone o_o
Cost: my dad doesn't want the expensive flagship phones or sign a contract.
Data: he doesn't use data because everywhere he goes has wifi. ("waste of money" as he says)

So what would you guys advice for him to own? A tablet or a phone? or maybe other tablet/phone suggestions? Thanks :)

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I guess he doesn't want to text or anything.

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

If he choose the Nexus 7, he'll keep the Iphone for just texting and phone calls but for browsing and others he'll use the tablet
If he choose the Nexus 4, he'll replace the Iphone and use the Nexus 4 for everything
Sorry forgot to add that information.

Inhocmark

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Then if he's happy with his iPhone for the texting and phone calls, might as well go with the Nexus 7, provided there's no issue carrying two devices. I did it for awhile with the iPhone 4, just tethered my tablet when I was on the train.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon