Updated to Maverick last week, and now I can't sync my Samsung S4 (Android 4.2.2) with my iMac (contacts, calendars, etc). I'm using Syncmate, but I also can't sync my wife's Blackberry curve with it since I updated last week. Anybody see any work arounds for syncing with the new Maverick OS x yet? Or is it one of these Apple making sure everybody buys Apple products again!
    10-27-2013 07:17 PM
    Most probably the update messed with some prefs in the contacts/calendar apps, or the Apple apps/APIs changed slightly making syncing not working well. Update or reinstall the syncing apps is your best bet. Check if they have updated versions.
    10-27-2013 09:36 PM
    I decided to check before switching to Mavericks - this is Syncmates reply to my question:
    Unfortunately, I regret to inform you, but Apple has excluded the Sync Service driver, which SyncMate uses for synchronization process, from the latest version of Mac OS X. Thus, unfortunately, the current version of SyncMate is not compatible with Mac OS 10.9 yet.

However, I would like to let you know that we are at the middle of the developing process of the new major SyncMate upgrade - 5.x version, where we will include our own developed synchronization driver, and it will be fully compatible with OS X Mavericks. Unfortunately, we still have no estimated release terms, but we will notify our customers with a newsletter, once it is done.

I may also suggest you subscribing to our SyncMate blog to receive the most recent and important information about all innovations (fixes, releases, updates, etc.) and future plans for our product:
    SyncMate Team blog
    Erik Koreman and Wee Willy like this.
    10-30-2013 04:19 AM
    Good old Apple! They are still, however, selling the expert version for 27.99 through the Apple Store.
    10-30-2013 08:33 AM
    Hi everybody,
    I know that it may not be the right place to ask but... I really need your help. I have (as a stupid little baby) installed Mavericks and now my Nokia phone (Symbian Belle) cannot be synchronized with my Address Book and iCal anymore. This is a tragedy for me. I really need some way to keep on syncing them (also paying for a new software!!). I cannot throw my Nokia away and buy a new phone just for this reason!! Pleasee!!
    Thank you so much for your next answers.
    11-02-2013 05:56 PM
    Hi everybody,

I had the same problem. I started with all my contacts in Mac Lion's Address Book correctly synced to my Galaxy S3 via my Google account. All additions, modifications and removals were transmitted to all devices: Mac, S3 and Google. Then came Mavericks.

No syncing: without any warning whatsoever, Apple decided that I don't need to sync my other devices anymore. What's the solution, or let's say the best workaround, that I found with which I can live? Throw away the ****ty Apple local versions of all contacts. I did the same with iCal a few years ago to be able to sync my appointments with my... iPod. Yes, that's right! Syncing exclusively via Google was always working. So I ended up with iCal working exclusively with my Google account events: no Home or Work local calendars for me.

I've done the exact same thing with Mavericks Contact.

1. System PrefsInternet Accounts: make sure Contacts is checked for the Google account you use with your Android phone.
    2. You now have two different sources for your cards: On My Mac which is local and "Google account" with the contacts from Google.
    3. All additions, modifications and deletions that you make on the cards from the Google account are transmitted to Google on the fly, whereas the same actions for the cards under On my Mac source remain local.
    4. The modifications that are made on Android, or Google account, are not synced to Mac. To see the changes in Mavericks Contact, you'll have to close and reopen the application.

You can add Groups under your Google account the same way that you are able to do under On my Mac. If you decide to create Smart Groups, you are still able to use the criteria Member of "one group under Google account", since these will list there.

5. So, I decided to recreate all my groups under the Google account and copied the content from all my local groups using DragnDrop.
    6. I then modified my Smart Groups to change those which were dependent on local groups (you won't be able to delete a local group if a smart group is refering to it).
    7. Last step: I deleted all my local groups and contacts. The reward: the source On my Mac simply disappeared from the left panel so that the only All Contacts listed is under my Google account. No mess.

This workaround is liveable for me. When I use my phone or the web to edit my contacts, I'm away from my Mac and I don't need an immediate refresh. If you depend on the information in Mavericks Contact and another person may change it from the web, this workaround may not be good for you.

I hope this can help some of you. Have a nice day.

PS: Maybe you will find my English a bit funny, but that's the best I can, since I am usually writing in French.
    11-20-2013 04:07 PM
    Thanks David, exactly the Info I was after before upgrading.
    11-26-2013 02:08 AM
    Thank you. You saved me valuable search time. Syncmates still has not updated as of Apr-13, 2015.
    04-13-2015 06:36 PM