I'm finding it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else find it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

There was no major press event, no product launch, no introduction to what's new just simply release the product.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall... Haven't ALL Nexus devices (save, probably, the first one) been announced without a press event? If at all, wouldn't it be the manufacturer that should do it? In this case, LG...

Inhocmark

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
If I was to speculate (and that is all I'm doing), I think Google has to tread lightly when it comes to their own Branded devices mostly to make sure they don't tip the apple cart when it comes to their other big partners.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else find it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

There was no major press event, no product launch, no introduction to what's new just simply release the product.

Posted via Android Central App
That's exactly how they did it last year after their event was cancelled due to superstorm Sandy. They announced 4.2, Nexus 4, and Nexus 10 via press release. I would imagine they found that a press release was all that was needed, since the phone sold out almost immediately. Why have a press event if you don't need one?

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
when Google posts a simple picture about 4.4 Kitkat, everyone goes wild... I think Google already made enough Hype that a press event wouldnt have changed anything.... The Nexus 5 was sold out... and now in stock but delayed... So there isnt much of a difference.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Remember rhe galaxy nexus and ics? Big event then again samsung does that lol

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I meant what I wrote. I have always heard/used the word blas? used as a synonym to indifferent or nonchalant. However, I just looked it up and I have possibly been using it wrong all this time lol.

Regardless, I still think it is classy that they didn't make a huge deal out of releasing the N5....kinda like "here it is, it speaks for itself." :)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I meant what I wrote. I have always heard/used the word blas? used as a synonym to indifferent or nonchalant. However, I just looked it up and I have possibly been using it wrong all this time lol.

Regardless, I still think it is classy that they didn't make a huge deal out of releasing the N5....kinda like "here it is, it speaks for itself." :)

Exactly unlike the apple i sheep waiting for their draconian overlords to come out of their castles to drop it on the loyal blind masses with a carnival show and magic act

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Google doesn't want to pi$$ off their hardware partners and carrier partners so they don't make a big deal of it. Google doesn't care which devices sell - as long as they are Android. Google wants happy and profitable partners - this way everyone wins.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I meant what I wrote. I have always heard/used the word blas? ... been using it wrong all this time lol.
LOL I love this sentience. "I meant what I said, but what I said was incorrect."

N5 sold out in minutes considering a "quiet" release. :p
Without the sales numbers selling out doesn't mean much. But I get what your getting it still sold well. I will say this more people know about the Samsung watch than they do about the Nexus 5. Marketing does matter and if Google did a better job they would

I think Google's blas? release of nexus devices is classy.
Well I won't presume to know what classy is but I do like the press releases. It's a great way for them to disseminate information. I'm not a fan of the "It's Magic", "Amazing", and "We're innovating". I like how google ran their events focused on software and features. Samsung does a good job too but I still like how Google did them.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Banned for liking this joke :)
WARNING ADULT THANKSGIVING JOKE !!!(REALLY FUNNY :)
THIS Couple have been married for 30+ years the husband has a bad flatulents problem and the wife says one day your going to **** your guts out shes gutting the thanksgiving turkey SHE HAS THIS EVIL SMILE she balls them up while hes sleeping and puts them in hiss underware she waits she hears this scream!!! She laughs to herself he comes down and can bearly walk she ask what was going on he said you were rite i finally **** my insides out!!!!!
Wait for it
Wait for it
She is puzzled as to why he can bearly walk
Wait for it .....
He says two fingers vasoline and the grace of god i got them back in i need to go to the hospital
Enjoy :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol at metle_geek!
Dude, you posted the joke on the wrong thread! Hahaha
:eek::thumbup::D:D:what::D

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea it was copy and paste lol sorry but it will get peoples attention so its staying!!
So shush or im calling the raith hive ship to hover over your office building looking for fast food

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos