11-08-2013 09:52 PM
36 12
tools
    Anybody else find it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

There was no major press event, no product launch, no introduction to what's new just simply release the product.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2013 10:49 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall... Haven't ALL Nexus devices (save, probably, the first one) been announced without a press event? If at all, wouldn't it be the manufacturer that should do it? In this case, LG...
    11-01-2013 11:13 AM
    If I was to speculate (and that is all I'm doing), I think Google has to tread lightly when it comes to their own Branded devices mostly to make sure they don't tip the apple cart when it comes to their other big partners.
    11-01-2013 11:40 AM
    Anybody else find it odd how to Google silently releasing the Nexus 5.

There was no major press event, no product launch, no introduction to what's new just simply release the product.

That's exactly how they did it last year after their event was cancelled due to superstorm Sandy. They announced 4.2, Nexus 4, and Nexus 10 via press release. I would imagine they found that a press release was all that was needed, since the phone sold out almost immediately. Why have a press event if you don't need one?
    11-01-2013 11:55 AM
  5. too lame to come up with a good username's Avatar
    Because that's just how Google rolls

Sophos and consequence7 like this.
    11-01-2013 12:08 PM
    when Google posts a simple picture about 4.4 Kitkat, everyone goes wild... I think Google already made enough Hype that a press event wouldnt have changed anything.... The Nexus 5 was sold out... and now in stock but delayed... So there isnt much of a difference.
    11-02-2013 05:21 PM
    N5 sold out in minutes considering a "quiet" release. :P
    Tommy1491 likes this.
    11-02-2013 07:58 PM
    With all the leaks (which I'm sure Google was responsible for some) no wonder it was sold out so fast.
    11-03-2013 11:35 AM
    Remember rhe galaxy nexus and ics? Big event then again samsung does that lol

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    11-03-2013 11:40 AM
    I think Google's blas release of nexus devices is classy.
    STARGATE likes this.
    11-03-2013 11:54 AM
    You mean silent?

11-03-2013 02:09 PM
    Nope, I meant what I wrote. I have always heard/used the word blas used as a synonym to indifferent or nonchalant. However, I just looked it up and I have possibly been using it wrong all this time lol.

Regardless, I still think it is classy that they didn't make a huge deal out of releasing the N5....kinda like "here it is, it speaks for itself." :-)
    _X_ and STARGATE like this.
    11-03-2013 02:23 PM
    Nope, I meant what I wrote. I have always heard/used the word blas used as a synonym to indifferent or nonchalant. However, I just looked it up and I have possibly been using it wrong all this time lol.

Regardless, I still think it is classy that they didn't make a huge deal out of releasing the N5....kinda like "here it is, it speaks for itself." :-)
    Exactly unlike the apple i sheep waiting for their draconian overlords to come out of their castles to drop it on the loyal blind masses with a carnival show and magic act

Sophos and STARGATE like this.
    11-03-2013 03:41 PM
    Google doesn't want to pi$$ off their hardware partners and carrier partners so they don't make a big deal of it. Google doesn't care which devices sell - as long as they are Android. Google wants happy and profitable partners - this way everyone wins.
    STARGATE likes this.
    11-03-2013 04:46 PM
    Nope, I meant what I wrote. I have always heard/used the word blas ... been using it wrong all this time lol.
    LOL I love this sentience. "I meant what I said, but what I said was incorrect."

N5 sold out in minutes considering a "quiet" release. :P
    Without the sales numbers selling out doesn't mean much. But I get what your getting it still sold well. I will say this more people know about the Samsung watch than they do about the Nexus 5. Marketing does matter and if Google did a better job they would

Well I won't presume to know what classy is but I do like the press releases. It's a great way for them to disseminate information. I'm not a fan of the "It's Magic", "Amazing", and "We're innovating". I like how google ran their events focused on software and features. Samsung does a good job too but I still like how Google did them.
    11-03-2013 09:47 PM
    Banned for liking this joke
    WARNING ADULT THANKSGIVING JOKE !!!(REALLY FUNNY
    THIS Couple have been married for 30+ years the husband has a bad flatulents problem and the wife says one day your going to **** your guts out shes gutting the thanksgiving turkey SHE HAS THIS EVIL SMILE she balls them up while hes sleeping and puts them in hiss underware she waits she hears this scream!!! She laughs to herself he comes down and can bearly walk she ask what was going on he said you were rite i finally **** my insides out!!!!!
    Wait for it
    Wait for it
    She is puzzled as to why he can bearly walk
    Wait for it .....
    He says two fingers vasoline and the grace of god i got them back in i need to go to the hospital
    Enjoy

11-03-2013 11:00 PM
    Lol at metle_geek!
    Dude, you posted the joke on the wrong thread! Hahaha
    :thumbup::what:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    11-03-2013 11:51 PM
    Ik but funny still sharing the love

11-04-2013 02:53 AM
    Ik but funny still sharing the love

Heck yea it's funny! :thumbup:
    But you should've delete the first line! :rolleyes:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    11-04-2013 07:43 AM
    Yea it was copy and paste lol sorry but it will get peoples attention so its staying!!
    So shush or im calling the raith hive ship to hover over your office building looking for fast food

STARGATE likes this.
    11-04-2013 09:11 AM
    Nothing odd about it. It was not a coincidence that this phone was the most leaked phone in possible android history....the press release was the only thing missing but trust me 90% of the android news outlets knew the phone was being released on Oct. 31st
    STARGATE likes this.
    11-04-2013 09:14 AM
    Yea it was copy and paste lol sorry but it will get peoples attention so its staying!!
    So shush or im calling the raith hive ship to hover over your office building looking for fast food

I have gathered so much Asgard and Ancient tech that you can send anything you like, I'm ready to battle!

11-04-2013 04:32 PM
    Nothing odd about it. It was not a coincidence that this phone was the most leaked phone in possible android history....the press release was the only thing missing but trust me 90% of the android news outlets knew the phone was being released on Oct. 31st
    I concur! :thumbup:

11-04-2013 04:34 PM
    Of course, this place included, it was no coincidence that at 2pm EST that not only the Google play store updated, but so did this place with a full story on the new N5 being official, a spec write up and some Kitkat write up, or someone can read super fast, then type at about 1200 words per minute, place pictures and upload to the host in less than 2 mins lol, it was a joint effort, and they did have a conference i think, it was just a press only affair
    11-05-2013 07:05 AM
    Exactly. What I found most amusing was the fact that there was a few android news outlets that were not sure on when it would be released exactly but those same news outlets just so happened to be doing an unboxing of the nexus 5 twenty minutes after it was released on Google Play...All the major android news outlets recieved there review units a few days before launch but most likely signed a NDA with google or LG to not release the official date to build of a media hype. Android Central posted about 3 what seemed to be absolutely confirmed dates on when it would be released starting with the Oct 14th one all the way to the supposed 11/1 release date..
    11-05-2013 09:45 AM
36 12