Launchers

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I recently wanted to dip my toe in the water of other launchers besides the two biggies: Nova and Apex. So I installed Smart launcher on my tablet and love it. Tried it on my phone though and not lovin' it so much there because it doesn't support widgets on the main homescreen other than clock replacements. They use a dedicated widget screen for any other widgets. And Dashclock which is my widget of choice right now got squished using SL on my phone. Hope they fix that because if they do I'll switch launchers on my phone as well.

Another thing I've been hearing lately is that Apex has pulled slightly ahead of Nova now for speed and responsiveness. Anyone else noticed this? I was tempted to try that new Aviate but I kind of like my screens to stay the way I set them to be. How about you folks, what are your favorite launchers, and why do you like them?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My favorite is Apex. Even when I have Nova set to "Aggressive" whenever I kill my apps it stutters before going back to the homescreen. Not an issue with Apex

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I try every new launcher but always end up back with Adwex launcher

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
My favorite is Apex. Even when I have Nova set to "Aggressive" whenever I kill my apps it stutters before going back to the homescreen. Not an issue with Apex

I've been with Nova Prime for a year now on my phone but also have had Apex periodically. Right now I'm with Apex because Nova's lost their speed lately

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have tried other launchers, but I always come back to Nova Prime. For me it's the smoothest

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AC Forums mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I used nova the most of them all but the last couple updates they've lost their smoothness compared to apex

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Currently using Apex launcher... Enjoying the Tablet UI on my LG G2 along with the card stack folder :)
Screenshot_2013-11-04-19-31-49.jpg
My Gf :) along with Holo Icons (sometimes switches back to Nox)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon