Google play books

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
If night buy a book off Google play is it something that's download to my phone like I have a copy of it, or does it remain on their servers where I am just free to access it? Thanks.

Motorola DROID Maxx

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Both. You can have a copy downloaded to your phone and/or PC for offline access or you can only have a temporary placeholder while the actual book is in Google's servers, which is cool because you can actually even upload your own DRM-free documents and have them accessible anywhere you have the app or a web browser.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
cool. where might i find it if i downloaded it on to my phone? i put it as "offline reading" so i'm hoping that downloaded it to my phone. does that mean i can also transfer it to my computer for archive?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably can't transfer to your PC but you can view it from your browser on your PC.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
does that mean i can also transfer it to my computer for archive?
Yes you can but you can only download them from their web site. You do this by clicking and holding the menu icon that is overlayed on the book thumbs view. It will say "Download EPub" or "Download PDF." What is downloaded is not the book is an ascm file. More on this later.

Okay here comes the confusing part.
Google uses two different DRMs one for their app that is only viewable from their app. The other is Adobe Digital Edition aka Adobe ADEPT and most commonly referred to as
Adobe DRM.

The latter is the format that you get when you archive you books from the pc. That is good news since it is the most dominate format/DRM for books. All eReaders support this format except Amazon.

If you're still reading this is the final step. You absolutely need an app called Adobe Digital Edition. When you open the acsm file with this app. The app will download the book from their servers.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad