06-01-2016 08:46 PM
57 123
tools
    I am now actually more of IM-based, particularly Facebook Messenger, I use it to have leisurely talks with my family and friends but for professional communications, it is always text since it has to be in black and white (also emails). I actually really wish my WhatsApp-based friends would just move to FB Messenger, though one thing I would want to be implemented in this app is the "buzz" feature like the one in Yahoo! Messenger, hahaha
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-28-2016 06:24 AM
    I think Instant messaging. It seems a lot faster when sending certain things.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-28-2016 08:50 PM
    I use both, it just depends on who I'm talking to. I'm either using Hangouts(I use a google voice number) or facebook messenger.
    05-29-2016 05:38 AM
    This is almost irrelevant to this conversation, but I also miss MSN Messenger! I think the best messaging platform I've ever used on mobile is BBM, but there are some great alternatives, like Facebook Messenger. I've heard good things about Hangouts and iMessage; though I have yet to try an iPhone so I cannot speak from an empirical, hands-on standpoint.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Marienbad likes this.
    05-31-2016 11:55 AM
    This is almost irrelevant to this conversation, but I also miss MSN Messenger! I think the best messaging platform I've ever used on mobile is BBM, but there are some great alternatives, like Facebook Messenger. I've heard good things about Hangouts and iMessage; though I have yet to try an iPhone so I cannot speak from an empirical, hands-on standpoint.

I was a huge MSN messenger user back in the day, it was amazing. Seeing 20 or so of your friends online at once, their statuses, what they were listening to at that moment. You just can't get that level of connection and interaction on mobile these days.

Anyway, I use WhatsApp, because sending picture over MMS is garbage. Rarely use SMS unless absolutely necessary.

Morty2264, libra89 and Marienbad like this.
    06-01-2016 05:34 PM
    I was a huge MSN messenger user back in the day, it was amazing. Seeing 20 or so of your friends online at once, their statuses, what they were listening to at that moment. You just can't get that level of connection and interaction on mobile these days.

Anyway, I use WhatsApp, because sending picture over MMS is garbage. Rarely use SMS unless absolutely necessary.

I agree! Those were the days where you really only used one platform for instant messaging/messaging of any kind (other than Yahoo! Messenger, of course); and so you'd absolutely get that level of mass integration and you could almost "communicate" with someone (ie, like what you were saying about seeing their statuses and what they were listening to) without even talking to them. I really miss that, but it's so hard now to find a messaging app/platform that EVERYBODY uses. Lots use Facebook Messenger, it's true, but there are so many other alternatives that it's so hard to get everyone on board.

06-01-2016 08:44 PM
    Hangouts is the best of both worlds as long as you have Google voice number as you can both text and instant message using Google account.
    06-01-2016 08:46 PM
57 123