Where do you store your your contacts?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering about the various solutions people use for contact mgmt. Of course, Google is the obvious option. What else works for you and your Android device?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The good thing about using Google is that its so widely compatible. Got an Android phone, two Android tablets, an iPhone, and an iPad? With Google all your contacts across all these devices will always be easily synchronized. That said, I'm sure there are 3rd party solutions that do the job nicely too.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I always store my contacts locally on the phone itself, then schedule a back (via MyBackup Pro) to my SD card and then a full backup to my local network NAS (network attached storage) device. I don't fully trust Google or anyone for that matter with certain information, thus take it upon myself to store and backup that data locally. :) Even my Gmail is pulled down locally and deleted off Google's systems, effectively using them only as a temporary transport. I don't normally sync contacts across devices, but when the need arises I do so from the locally stored data.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Anyone else have other contact storage & sync sol'ns? The current KitKat/Exchange issues have me considering other possibilities.