1. too lame to come up with a good username's Avatar
    I've noticed that the images on Google Play Movies have terrible resolutions. What the heck, Google? These images are all fuzzy and they look terrible. It takes a way a lot of the appeal of the Google Play Movies app design. Is there a way to fix this, or am I forever stuck with a good app that has ugly low-res images?
    Terrible Image Resolution on Google Play Movies-screenshot_2013-11-10-10-51-01.png
    ALSO, I realized it doesn't look too bad here but I swear the images look even fuzzier on my Nexus 7.
    11-10-2013 01:14 PM
    Well, yeah. It's a tablet showing images made for a phone resolution. On my galaxy s3 your photo looks crisp with no fuzz or any imperfections. On my friends tablet however, it does look a little fuzzy.
    11-10-2013 02:26 PM
  3. too lame to come up with a good username's Avatar
    I've also noticed the same on some books. But why would Google disregard tablet users and only have phone-res images? Because it's less effort? It really isn't a big deal but I expect better from Google. =/

Posted via Android Central App
    11-10-2013 04:24 PM
    I've also noticed the same on some books. But why would Google disregard tablet users and only have phone-res images? Because it's less effort? It really isn't a big deal but I expect better from Google. =/

Because Android typically (I said typically, not always) runs on phones and not tablets. I know it looks lazy, but I'm sure they're working on it. It's not like the actual thing you're downloading looks bad, right?

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod
    11-11-2013 04:48 PM
  5. too lame to come up with a good username's Avatar
    Yeah maybe they'll fix it in the future. At least the actual movies look nice and crisp, that's why I said it's not a big deal. It would just be nice if the thumbnails weren't fuzzy, because usually Google does a great job of making everything look great on all devices.

11-12-2013 12:25 PM
    Yeah maybe they'll fix it in the future. At least the actual movies look nice and crisp, that's why I said it's not a big deal. It would just be nice if the thumbnails weren't fuzzy, because usually Google does a great job of making everything look great on all devices.

Yeah, but with the growing number of Android devices at different sizes it's hard to make it look good on everything. Google always gets it done though.

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod
    11-13-2013 06:11 AM
    Yes I noticed this too on my tablet, however when watching actual movies they look fine, it's just the images that Google lazied out on.
    11-13-2013 06:17 AM