best Android phone for movie sound?

CrazyOkie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if anyone had looked at movie sound using the native apps on Android devices. I've got an Asus TF201 (Transformer Prime) which I love to watch movies on but the sound level is terribly low, I can't listen on airplanes or on the bus at all.

Right now I have an iPhone 4S but I'm considering switching to an Android phone, in particular the LG G2. But I'd like to get something where I can watch AND listen to a movie on the plane, if that's possible.:confused:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Given those two situations, wouldn't you want a good pair of headphones, rather than a good speaker on a phone?

Either way, you can't go wrong with the speaker on the HTC One. Which carrier will you be looking to activate the device one?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

CrazyOkie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Probably AT&T. I've stuck with them because their phones work overseas where Verizon does not. It's not a big deal but I like to travel.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're going for speaker sounds.. Then The HTC one's Boom sound is for you... if you're referring to earphones then most if not all flagship devices will do. The LG G2's speakers are pretty bad. It works but in your situation, steer clear. The Iphone 4s will actually give you a better sound than the G2 (unfortunately)

CrazyOkie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Then I'd definitely avoid the G2. I've also been considering the Moto X and maybe get a set of good quality noise-canceling headphones, see if that helps instead.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question, the HTC One, One Mini, or One Max are unrivaled when it comes to speaker quality. They are loud and sound great.

That said, please, please, please, PLEASE do NOT watch videos on an airplane or bus without headphones. You can get decent sounding JVC earbuds for less than $10. Listening to videos in any public environment without headphones is impolite, but on a bus or plane (or other equally confined space), it is down right rude. Also, bonus tip, the earbuds that HTC includes with the One (and likely the Mini and Max, though I don't know for sure) sound great. I use them over a $50 pair of earbuds I had purchased prior to buying my One.

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to recommend the HTC One, but I haven't used enough phones to tell you it's the best. If you're focusing on sound alone, I'd strongly advice staying away from anything Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo