Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has found themselves less resistant to cloud storage nowadays. For the most part, I have been relying on cloud storage as a secondary thing and always got my devices with the largest storage option available or high capacity storage card. But lately, I've just found that all the things I've been so adamant about keeping on my device, I rarely need and for the stuff I do need, they only take up a couple gigs anyway and 16GB devices are sufficient. Another big reason for cloud storage becoming my primary storage option is because I change devices too often..... computers and smartphones and it's become a pain in the **** keeping everything in sync and not losing stuff. But putting everything on dropbox makes it 1000% easier and no data loss. Even on my computer I didn't bring any files over from my external hard drive like I usually do, I just uploaded everything to dropbox and then installed the app on my new computer, synced and done. Of course, I realize the benefits of having everything on local storage on our devices but for me, cloud is becoming the better option. Even when I denied this would be the case 6 months ago. I have 15GB of Google Drive, 75GB of Dropbox (about 1.5 years left) and 100GB of box (for life) and so far so good.

So having said all of that, what are your thoughts? Getting used to making cloud storage primary? What's your cloud storage service of choice? Limited data plans still preventing you?
    11-11-2013 07:25 PM
    Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has found themselves less resistant to cloud storage nowadays. For the most part, I have been relying on cloud storage as a secondary thing and always got my devices with the largest storage option available or high capacity storage card. But lately, I've just found that all the things I've been so adamant about keeping on my device, I rarely need and for the stuff I do need, they only take up a couple gigs anyway and 16GB devices are sufficient. Another big reason for cloud storage becoming my primary storage option is because I change devices too often..... computers and smartphones and it's become a pain in the **** keeping everything in sync and not losing stuff. But putting everything on dropbox makes it 1000% easier and no data loss. Even on my computer I didn't bring any files over from my external hard drive like I usually do, I just uploaded everything to dropbox and then installed the app on my new computer, synced and done. Of course, I realize the benefits of having everything on local storage on our devices but for me, cloud is becoming the better option. Even when I denied this would be the case 6 months ago. I have 15GB of Google Drive, 75GB of Dropbox (about 1.5 years left) and 100GB of box (for life) and so far so good.

So having said all of that, what are your thoughts? Getting used to making cloud storage primary? What's your cloud storage service of choice? Limited data plans still preventing you?
    In the case of cellphones, I think its a good supplement, but hardware wise, I think we are at the point where a minimum standard is 32 GB.
    I agree with your points that if you need files on the go, cloud storage is great.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-11-2013 07:48 PM
  3. too lame to come up with a good username's Avatar
    I use cloud storage for everything. I can't remember the last time I used Microsoft Office, let alone a flash drive (which seem as obsolete as floppy disks to me by this point). I use Google Drive for every single thing. The main folder on my laptop is the Google Drive folder because I automatically save everything there anyway.

I use my 8GB Nexus 7 all the time and I go everywhere with it. I never run out of storage space because 90% of my life is spent at home or at the university, where I always have WI-FI. I only store about 2GB worth of books and music on my device just in case I'm ever in a place without WI-FI but this is pretty rare for me. In fact, I think the discontinued 8GB model was meant for people like me who are crippled without the cloud.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2013 12:20 PM
    No

11-12-2013 03:19 PM
    I use cloud storage for everything. I can't remember the last time I used Microsoft Office, let alone a flash drive (which seem as obsolete as floppy disks to me by this point). I use Google Drive for every single thing. The main folder on my laptop is the Google Drive folder because I automatically save everything there anyway.

I use my 8GB Nexus 7 all the time and I go everywhere with it. I never run out of storage space because 90% of my life is spent at home or at the university, where I always have WI-FI. I only store about 2GB worth of books and music on my device just in case I'm ever in a place without WI-FI but this is pretty rare for me. In fact, I think the discontinued 8GB model was meant for people like me who are crippled without the cloud.

Yeah my dropbox folder is my main folder on my computer. Just makes it so much easier and my need or want to a lot of local storage has really diminished over the past few months.
    11-12-2013 04:28 PM