Hi, guys, I am a proud convert to android from BB about 8 months ago--I first had an s3, and now have a nexus 4 and love it.

I listen to a lot of music, and I have found myself listening to mostly all of it on google play music because of the auto sync i have set up with my music on my computer. Before that, I used n7 player.

I am going to be getting some better headphones in the near future (~$200) and I want to be able to listen to the best possibly music quality on my device.

Is there anything I can do that will be able to (easily) improve my listening experience? Is google play music ok, or should I be using n7 (or poweramp or others)

What is the highest bitrate that my N4 can handle? I can get FLAC music on here, but I feel like that would be a total waste of memory.

So, I guess my question is how to get the best audio quality on my device without anything too complicated. Any suggestions?

Thanks! (Also, I listen to rap music 80+% of the time. Other genres too, but I am mostly concerned with rap, if that matters)
    11-18-2013 07:30 PM
    Hi, guys, I am a proud convert to android from BB about 8 months ago--I first had an s3, and now have a nexus 4 and love it.

I listen to a lot of music, and I have found myself listening to mostly all of it on google play music because of the auto sync i have set up with my music on my computer. Before that, I used n7 player.

I am going to be getting some better headphones in the near future (~$200) and I want to be able to listen to the best possibly music quality on my device.

Is there anything I can do that will be able to (easily) improve my listening experience? Is google play music ok, or should I be using n7 (or poweramp or others)

What is the highest bitrate that my N4 can handle? I can get FLAC music on here, but I feel like that would be a total waste of memory.

So, I guess my question is how to get the best audio quality on my device without anything too complicated. Any suggestions?
    I think the best would be to equalize your music to your liking. I would also recommend looking at something like this for a better source.
    I'd also recommend heading over to head-fi forums and asking what they do to get high quality music. Those guys are audiofiles so they'll know what you need to look for

Thanks! (Also, I listen to rap music 80+% of the time. Other genres too, but I am mostly concerned with rap, if that matters)
    11-18-2013 07:38 PM
    thanks for your quick reply!

at this point, i do know how to get high quality music on my computer and then drag and drop onto my device, i just do not know which app will make the best of that---and i don't want to have to get a headphone amp

so, maybe my question is more like this: what music apps can make my high quality music sound better on my N4, and what is highest bit rate that my N4 can fully take advantage of? (I know i could be playing all FLAC, but i am thinking that at some point, maybe 320kbps or so, it stops making a difference on my device.)

Thanks!
    11-18-2013 07:53 PM