Which is faster with updates?

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, is there any "rule" as to which smartphone/tablet maker is the fastest with OS updates (after Google and its Nexuses, of course)?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
as of right now Motorola who released kitkat for Moto X in less than 3 weeks after its release

HTC is good at updating but usually takes couple of months

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'd say Motorola, then HTC in a distant second, then Samsung in a very distant third. Other than those three (or Nexus) don't buy your phone expecting updates. Even Motorola needs to prove its self though. This is the first Android version update on the first phone Motorola developed post-Google, so we don't know if this will be the norm or a fluke.

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. I only have experience with Samsung and Nexus (and I know Samsung takes forever). Any idea how Asus is usually doing?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Good to know. I only have experience with Samsung and Nexus (and I know Samsung takes forever). Any idea how Asus is usually doing?

with phones motorola rules -- they released Kitkat in less than 3 weeks after release
with tablets Asus is the fastest but nowhere near motorola.

Asus just recently updated transformer tablet to Jelly bean 4.3. so there that.

if u want to buy tablet nexus is the way to go to get faster update

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems like Motorola (under Google) is trying to change the perception of them. Previous devices were either extremely slow to get updates (see DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX, DROID 4) or had their updates cut (Atrix, Photon). Some even complained when the Moto X launched with 4.2.2 instead of 4.3.

But in the two months, Motorola has really cranked it up with the Moto X and the DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX. Hopefully they can keep it up.