I'm getting ready to switch my carrier from Carolina west wireless to Verizon. I will be getting the note 3, while my wife will be getting the s4. I noticed both phones are $100 cheaper on Amazon than they are at Verizon. I've never bought a phone from Amazon, so I had to do some research. It seems that the only difference I can find is that you sign a 180 day contract with Amazon. Is this the only difference? So if I know I will not be changing my contract, I would be much better off buying from Amazon, right?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
    11-24-2013 09:08 AM
    I'm getting ready to switch my carrier from Carolina west wireless to Verizon. I will be getting the note 3, while my wife will be getting the s4. I noticed both phones are $100 cheaper on Amazon than they are at Verizon. I've never bought a phone from Amazon, so I had to do some research. It seems that the only difference I can find is that you sign a 180 day contract with Amazon. Is this the only difference? So if I know I will not be changing my contract, I would be much better off buying from Amazon, right?

My previous device was purchased through Amazon as an upgrade to that existing line. Everything went smooth and the device came really fast in my opinion. If you don't plan on leaving within the 2-year contract then the 180-day Amazon contract is no big deal.

it's essentially the same as doing it online through the Verizon website and/or any other retailer. Good luck and let us know how things go!
    11-24-2013 09:17 AM
    Do you activate the phone after you receive it? Or does it come to you activated?

11-24-2013 02:11 PM
    My current contract ends on Saturday. I have promised my old phone to someone on Saturday as well. Can I order my new phones now, and wait until I get them (hopefully by saturday) to activate them?

11-25-2013 11:25 AM
    Anybody? Would like to place the order tonight if they don't come activated

11-25-2013 03:10 PM
    Anybody? Would like to place the order tonight if they don't come activated

I ordered through amazon before when I had sprint and I had to activate the phone once it arrived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-25-2013 03:15 PM