Biting the bullet and upgrading tomorrow. Not 100% sure what I want

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Been sitting on my upgrade since september 1st.
Was holding out for the Z1 but Sony DGAF about the states.
And there really isn't a clear #2 phone for me. All the rest have pros and cons.

LG G2 with a slight edge but they suck sooooo much **** when it comes to updates.
Their 1 year old flagship from last year is still on Android 4.1.2.
My 2 year old Galaxy S2 is on 4.1.2. So that makes me skeptical.

HTC One has best build quality, best screen, best OEM overlay, and best speakers but battery is kinda too small, it's kinda old tech since it was released in april, I'm not sold on ultra pixel camera, and I might be over the 4.7"screen. might need something slightly bigger.

Nexus 5. well it's a nexus. I had the nexus 4 so I know what to expect. battery kinda too small. and I might be over the stock experience.

Moto X. I can't even explain what I like about this phone. But I like it.

Thoughts?
S4 and iphone are out the question. I'm more likely to get a Lumia 1020 before i get a samsung or apple product.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Been sitting on my upgrade since september 1st.
And there really isn't a clear #2 phone for me. All the rest have pros and cons.

LG G2 with a slight edge but they suck sooooo much **** when it comes to updates.
Their 1 year old flagship from last year is still on Android 4.1.2.
My 2 year old Galaxy S2 is on 4.1.2. So that makes me skeptical.

HTC One has best build quality, best screen, best OEM overlay, and best speakers but battery is kinda too small, it's kinda old tech since it was released in april, I'm not sold on ultra pixel camera, and I might be over the 4.7"screen. might need something slightly bigger.

Nexus 5. well it's a nexus. I had the nexus 4 so I know what to expect. battery kinda too small. and I might be over the stock experience.

Moto X. I can't even explain what I like about this phone. But I like it.

Thoughts?
S4 and iphone are out the question. I'm more likely to get a Lumia 1020 before i get a samsung or apple product.

Play with the note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

What makes you think that Sony doesn't care about the most lucrative market on the planet ? If Sony isn't popular with the carriers, it is merely because of they lost credibility while they tried pushing "Playstation game pad phones". These phones never took off, and wasted good retail space and inventory capital for the big carriers. Carriers are now weary of Sony's products, which is why you don't see much of them on offer. Phone-wise, Sony's definitely on the upswing these days, and perhaps you shouldn't dismiss the Z1 so quick.

Just my 2 cents.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
How about the HTC ONE I'm loving it and the phone is going to get the 4.4 in a couple of months if you buy the unlocked version there already pushing it out.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
How about the HTC ONE I'm loving it and the phone is going to get the 4.4 in a couple of months if you buy the unlocked version there already pushing it out.

In my opinion the HTC One and Moto X are amazing phones. Not really a big fan of Samsung and never played with the G2. You just need to go to the stores and play with the phones first.

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Went with the G2 based on pure specs. I'm kinda a spec junkie.
bigger battery, bigger screen, snapdragon 800, and best camera.
LG is talking about late Q1 for Kit Kat upgrade.
Hope there's a AOSP ROM to hold me up till then

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Lumia looks nice if you are not a big app user. HTC looks pretty nice too. Samsung devices don't really do much for me. I do like my Z30. It feels nice and solid. I don't really like light devices as I tend to drop them easier for some reason.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Dude. Get a z30. Then put on the 10.2.1 leak.
Your BlackBerry will be a better android than android.

LOL! This guy isn't serious! :D
Thanks for the joke though!.

PW, congrats on your G2, if not the Note 3, GS4 or Htc One, the G2 is the next best thing, personally see the Moto X as a glorified mid end phone, I don't get the hype around it at all.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

PW, congrats on your G2, if not the Note 3, GS4 or Htc One, the G2 is the next best thing, personally see the Moto X as a glorified mid end phone, I don't get the hype around it at all.

It's not the specs it's the overall day to day experience. For the best Android experience the Moto X and the Nexus 5 are the best.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Have you ever used the X for a few weeks? Then you wouldn't understand the hype. I was the same way until I got one my mind was blown

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X